sister had free laminate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LspTpr

bought my 2002 winn Ultimate Advantage in May 09 and been very happy.  Unfortunately, wife was never happy with the carpet and really wanted something done with it.  I had every excuse i could think of until I found out my sister in law had extra laminate flooring left over from her home remodel.  Brazilian Cherry and it matched up in the motorhome.  Never laid flooring/carpet in a motorhome but gave it a try and here are the results.  60 dollars for the Berber carpet and about 70 dollars in supplies/trim.  Cant complain to much except for the knees.

Attachments

• before1 (Small).JPG
    before1 (Small).JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 184
  • before5 (Small).JPG
    before5 (Small).JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 171
  • before9 (Small).JPG
    before9 (Small).JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 166
  • completed1 (Small).JPG
    completed1 (Small).JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 168
  • completed5 (Small).JPG
    completed5 (Small).JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC_0032 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0032 (Small).JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 207
mike, that looks very nice.  my only problem is now that I've shown I can do it the wife wants the bedroom done and of course, the blinds have to be changed out now.  Seems to be never ending cycle, just like the stick house.

The four most feared words in home remodeling,"While we're at it".

One job always leads to another. It seems RV'S are no different.

Tony

check out this australian cypress I just installed

Attachments

• ewart bedroom 001.JPG
    ewart bedroom 001.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 108
How much moew weight ios added by adding this wooden floor.  Any Idea?

threeful said:
How much moew weight ios added by adding this wooden floor.  Any Idea?

I calculated the laminate weight from the info furnished by Armstrong. We weighed a measured square yard of the old carpet and pad, multiplied that by the square yards of carpet removed and subtracted that from the laminate weight. 
As I recall the net additional weight was about 100 pounds (we did the whole motor home except for the cabin area).
I think DW will remember exactly. I will check with her and edit this post if necessary.

The amount of weight from adding wood to the coach is a non issue. It would be like having a young adult as a passenger-- but the weight is distributed over the coach.

Ernie Ekberg said:
The amount of weight from adding wood to the coach is a non issue. It would be like having a young adult as a passenger-- but the weight is distributed over the coach.

It was not a non-issue in my case. I am right at my allowed CCC and additional weight matters no matter how it is distributed.

I was wondering about the weight also, and hubby said the same that it isn't enough to worry about.

Beautiful flooring jobs. But hard to get in those tight little places, I'm not as agile as I used to be when young, sigh.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom