Unable to locate code reader connector Oon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shajoe44

I am unable to locate the connector for the code reader. I have a Ford chassis, and have looked under the dash, took cover off below steering column and still no luck. If someone could send a picture I would appreciate it.

Thanks

In the off-chance that Winnebago spec'd the chassis out a little differently than other house builders, it might help to let us know what model of Winnebago Industries product you have.

I have a 1995 Adventurer. My connector (OB1) is located to the left of the steering column near emergency brake. It has only 2 installed pins (maybe 3), as compared to an OB2 systems.

The OB1 is super simple, no fancy reader required. All you need is a paperclip and go thru the procedure to check faults. (Somewhere in one of the many posts).

If you have an OB2, you'll need to get the instrument....and also find the connector.

Best I can do.

carson FL

Thanks Carson, I must be blind or my eyes are playing tricks on me. I went down and looked in that area as well as everywhere under dash again. Still unable to find any type connector.

Yep, that is strange, shajoe..

Guess the real terms are OBD1 and OBD2.

If you were my next door neighbor I guess I could help.

Lotsa Winnie folks on this forum..  help him out.

carson FL

On my 2006 Voyage Ford V-10 I can't find it & I am a Meck! Here is the photo of my steering shaft left side area. I did not pull off the cowling around the steering wheel where it might be hiding. The small red ring in the photo is to reset the fuel pump shut off after a front end collision If you were in any shape to reset it. Art

Attachments

• Under Dash.JPG
    Under Dash.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 50
Perhaps this will be of value so someone in search of their OBD plug. I have a Ford F-53 chassis and there is a plug of some sort behind the front grill next to the firewall on the drivers side. When we purchased our motor home, this plug was in an upright position and I turned it so it pointed down so it would not collect water. I noticed it was a plug, can't remember whether it was male or female, and assumed it was for engine diagnostics but have never had the ocassion us use it.  You might look in this area, if you are trying to find your OBD plug. I have been under my dash many times and do not remember seeing any sort of a plug which I thought might be for the OBD reader, but I have never looked specifically for that plug.

Richard

I actually called Winnebago and talked to tech person. He told me to lift the dash, which on my unit it is hinged, and feel along the right side of the steering column. He stated you cannot see it per se but have to "feel" for it and feed the OBD connector down to connect to it. He also stated it will have a cover on it. Well I looked and felt everywhere. I am convinced I dont have one...lol.....I am about tempted to take it up the road and pay the money to have someone read it for me and I will be there watching every move he makes to find it.

SHAJOE
You are correct. I lifted my dash on my 2006 Voyage Ford & there on the right side it was! I can see it better by looking up with my head on the gas pedal. Yes it has a cap on it. Art

Here is a photo looking up from the gas pedal area. You can orientate yourself by the right side bolt that mounts the steering shaft onto the frame. Hope this helps. I removed the plastic cap for the shot. Art

Attachments

• PLUG LOCATION 1.JPG
    PLUG LOCATION 1.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 54
Is there any writing on the cap and looking at the picture it looks like it is mounted to the metal plate under the dash. I will check it out tomorrow during the daylight.

Thanks

My old eyes can't focus that close so I can not tell if any writing is on the cap. It is no doubt the correct plug.

This is what Winnebago sent back to me when I asked them for the location....

Unfortunately, we do not have a photograph to provide.  The connector should
be located right beside the steering column.  It may be hidden by a bracket.

Service Administration
Winnebago Industries, Inc.
P: 800/537-1885
F: 641/585-6981
E: [email protected]

Finally found my connector. It was under the engine cover. Thanks for all the help in this matter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom