Jayco Tent trailer ground crearance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldpopup

Hi -
I have a Jayco Tent trailer 1999 Heritage Laurel model.  It is very long and low to the gound.  Has anyone try to lift the axel on this trailer.  It has the torsion bar type suspension.  Thanks

I know nothing about vehicle repair, rv repairs etc., but have been told that most trailers inc. pop-ups could simply have the axles 'flipped' which would add an extra 3 or so inches.  I looked into it on my Coleman PU, but never did it.  They only wanted around $100 bucks to do it. 

This Jayco trailer does not use spring type axel so can not be flipped.  It has the tortion bar type.  Maybe I can use bigger wheel and tires to add some height.  Anybody tries this?? Thanks

I have a 97 model.  It is just as you describe.  In fact the rear bumper had been torn off the frame when I bought it.  The axle bolts to the bottom of the frame.  You will need to get some 2"x3" box tube about 1/4" thick.  Then you can drill holes in the top of the tube to bolt to the frame and in the bottom for the axle.  This will give you a 3" lift.  Works great on mine.  If the weather was better, I would get some pictures.  Basically, you just need to put a spacer between the axle and frame.

Back
Top Bottom