Algodones Dentists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have also gone to Dr. Alma Luna for a number of years.  She only takes cash.

On the US map, look for Andrade, Algodones is across the border from it.  But, as Tom says, just follow the signs :)

It's not in the US

The Atlas map of California includes part of Mexico where Los Algodones is.  They show lots of Mexican towns and cities but not Los Algodones.  Even the map of Mexico in the US Atlases doesn't show Los Algodones.  That city is purposely left off of the map(s) and I can't explain why.  Now doesn't anyone besides me find that strange?

Chris just confirmed that she paid Dr. Luna with a check. We took a bunch of cash with us, but didn't need it.

Rolph, I've looked for it on US maps (mainly electronic) many times, but never found it.

Tom said:
Chris just confirmed that she paid Dr. Luna with a check. We took a bunch of cash with us, but didn't need it.
Interesting, as she has a sign in the waiting room stating she only takes cash.  Of course, that may not apply to existing patients.  We've never asked, preferring to pay cash.

I have used Dr. Roberto A. Navarro and have been very happy with his work. He and all of his staff speak good English, he does take checks and his U.S.A. phone # is (928) 328-1915. I have many friends that use him also and they are all very happy with the work and the price.

I think most of the Los Algonones dentists say they want cash or Traveler's Checks, but you can usually talk then into taking a personal check at least for partial payment.  Last year on my first visit, I was able to pay partly by cash and the rest by check.  I would think that they would accept checks from returning patients if the patients so request it.  Payment by check should be negotiated and agreed upon before any work is done.

You may be able to pay by check, but take sufficient cash in the event you can't.  Dental cleaning and exams run about $30-40, x-rays $60.

Comparison shopping:  In 2005 we paid $160 for a root canal, $20 for cleaning and $10 for fillings.  We went to a Dr. Marquis.  Are those about standard prices still?

Prices are up a bit.  We just paid $110 for 2 cleanings and exams, and 3 x-rays.  Full x-rays are $60 at Dr. Luna's, cleanings are, I believe, $40.

Yeah, I think prices are up somewhat, but so is gold.  A gold crown is now priced at $300 for front and $350 for a back tooth at our dentist.

Back
Top Bottom