Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS TT Info Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mastermtn

..HI all

thinking now of purchasing a Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS TT and am wondering what experiences
you have had or know of with Jayco Jay Flight series?...and were you satisified and would you
\buy another one from them....also is there an extended dealer network..ie, are they popular
brands the Jayco's in general? Best price we found is 19,600 with all options and packages

TIA!

Rich and Stefanie freezing in Sunny Southern Arizona!! LOL

jairazona said:
We love our Jayco... we only had a small issue with a cabinet door which they fixed right away... we would buy another

Thanks much..did you get a 2 year warranty or did they stopt that?

R

Yes the 2 year is standard... The stealership will try to sell you an extended warranty on that...  I am very handy so I stay away from them... but thats me.
On this site they have a delivery check list... DO go thru it on delivery of your trailer... that way if there is a problem the dealer will be in a hurry to fix it. I didnt sign the papers till we went thru the checklist... and I found I knew the trailer better at the end of the list

quote/snip:

Yes the 2 year is standard... The stealership will try to sell you an extended warranty on that...  I am very handy so I stay away from them... but thats me.
On this site they have a delivery check ....

Stealership../..love that..thanks for your thoughts.....jsut tonight I got a verbal quote for 19,600 OTD,
for 09 Jayco, new, 24 ft.. 1 slide...

and the stealsman refused to put in it writing!! go figure...I slammed him and he said he would
send it in the morning.....

Rich

dont be afraid to use the internet dealers to get a quote... they will send you an internet price which is usually lower than a dealer but thats because they know they probably wont see the trailer back....

jairazona said:
dont be afraid to use the internet dealers to get a quote... they will send you an internet price which is usually lower than a dealer but thats because they know they probably wont see the trailer back....

got a quote as you mentioned..tyvm!!  18.900 out the door,  for Jay Flight 24FBS...what do you think?good price?

Rich

Word of advice Buy Local ! Simply because u buy elsewhere or on the Net U may have Warranty Issues! Because ur local dealer does not have too do Service on ur Unit ! Its up too their descression and if they do ur Last on tha List ! So remember that couple hundred u may save could Cost even More to have warranty repairs done, so think about where u purchase ur Unit and by tha way Jayco has excellent Warrantys ! Ive been around em over 20 Years !!

I've heard of a few cases where a local dealer refused to service a unit bought elsewhere, but I don't think it is common. They may relegate you to the back of the queue, though. Larger dealers with a substantial service business are happy to get any and all service business and take all comers in order. I suspect that that in small markets where most sales are local and visitors are not common, this could be a problem.  I would also expect that such dealers are not into heavy discounts, either.  I wouldn't buy out of town to save a few hundred dollars, but internet shopping is quite likely to generate savings in the thousands. Worth considering, in that case.

Since we travel extensively, when we have problems we are usually far from home. I've never had a dealer refuse to service our rig, warranty or otherwise. In fact, some have bent over backwards to help a traveler.

TIA, MSRP is about $22-23,000 and is the economy such we
could press for better deal?  Dealer let it out that they are
hurting in sales (LA, Ca.)

R

I would expect to get 10-15% off MSRP anywhere, anytime. More may depend on how much the dealer has actually invested in that unit and whether he needs cash now to pay other bills. High volume dealers can amortize their fixed expenses over more sales, so may be able to give deeper discounts. All you can do is make an offer and see what he says.

Some dealers are actually discounting LESS in this economy. With sales down, every single deal has to make a solid contribution to the bottom line in order to meet monthly expenses. No deals are made simply to keep a customer from walking - they can't afford it.

RV Roamer said:
I would expect to get 10-15% off MSRP anywhere, anytime. More may depend on how much the dealer has actually invested in that unit and whether he needs cash now to pay other bills. High volume dealers can amortize their fixed expenses over more sales, so may be able to give deeper discounts. All you can do is make an offer and see what he says.

Some dealers are actually discounting LESS in this economy. With sales down, every single deal has to make a solid contribution to the bottom line in order to meet monthly expenses. No deals are made simply to keep a customer from walking - they can't afford it.

Thanks..makes a lot of sense...gret conversation with GM and indicated the same...his salary
went down by 60% in last 18 months..so he is fighting for every nickel of sale literally...

Direct RV quoted 17,100, dealer now @ 18,000 out-the-door  MSRP 23,252
but found much nicer very little used like-new private lost-his-job-sale on craigs list for 17,000

Thanks again, very good thoughts to consider RV Roamer!  :)

i take delivery on my new 24fbs this weekend. it has ever option you can select on the Jayco website. i payed 17,960.00 out the door. this included an eq hitch, sat hookup, and a slider awning. don't pay more than 15,200 for the base model

:) We have recently purchased (June 2010) a Jayco 22FB and we love it.  But now we have seen the floor plan for the Jayco 24FBS and we are thinking of upgrading to that.  We are going to look at one today at a dealer and see if we like it and what sort of deal we could get. The dealer has it listed it $17,900 but I don't know what or if it includes.
Yesterday on our way to our campsite we stopped by Pontiac RV in Pontiac IL and looked at some Coachman's but we didn't like them as much as we like the Jayco. 

Gary and Angela

Back
Top Bottom