Airstream Motorhomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

68chstiger

I'm looking at a 2001 Airstream Land Yacht 30' with 25K miles. I don't see many for sale, do they make them anymore? I'm hoping someone will have had some experience with these motorhomes. We owned a vintage 66 Airstream TT and was very pleased with it. I'm hoping the same quality is built into their motorhomes. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

We started out with a 36ft 1992 Airstream Legacy and loved it.  The Airstream quality was obvious throughout.  It was a bit rough looking as it was 15 years old when we bought it and I think it had spent it's life in the elements.  But aside from no longer having a glossy finish it was a great starter unit for us.  Lots of extras seldom found in other mfgs units.

Airstream is no longer producing Class A motorhomes. After several rough years financially, they went back to their roots under the umbrella of the Thor Corporation and have done well there. They never achieved much popularity with their traditional customer base and apparently did not fare well against  the competition, for whatever reason. We seldom hear any complaints against them here, for whatever that is worth.

Recently Airstream brought out a Class B model based on the Sprinter diesel van chassis. It's called the Airstream Interstate Touring Coach.

68chstiger said:
I'm looking at a 2001 Airstream Land Yacht 30' with 25K miles. I don't see many for sale, do they make them anymore? I'm hoping someone will have had some experience with these motorhomes.

We were intrigued with an Airstream of that vintage but looked elsewhere when we checked the Combined Carrying Capacity, less than 1,000#s. Unusable.

68chstiger said:
I'm looking at a 2001 Airstream Land Yacht 30' with 25K miles. I don't see many for sale, do they make them anymore? I'm hoping someone will have had some experience with these motorhomes. We owned a vintage 66 Airstream TT and was very pleased with it. I'm hoping the same quality is built into their motorhomes. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

If you need more info check out this site
http://airstreammotorhomes.com/
J

Back
Top Bottom