Touring Utah parks in rental MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mer

Hello Everyone,
My husband and I are planning a 2 week trip to Utah's parks next Fall, including Zion, Bryce, Cap. Reef, Arches, Canyonlands, Nat'l Bridges, Monument Valley Tribal Park, Glen Canyon. We'll do a loop flying into Las Vegas. We are trying to decide whether to rent a motorhome or a car. We like the idea of a MH but wonder how hard it will be to navigate the roads and whether we will be limited in where we can go with 25 ft. vehicle. My husband used to own one years ago so he's comfortable driving and hooking it up. Any advice you experts can give us will be appreciated!

Mer

You can go just about everywhere in Utah with a 25' motorhome. You will love it. Truly spectacular scenery in Utah and fall is a good time to go. There are some places where you might want to rent a 4wd for the day.

Eminently doable. There are lots of trip reports in the library and threads on our visits to this area.

Just one road to avoid: The shortcut between natural bridges and Mexican Hat has a scary descent down a cliff via 5 mph switchbacks, use the long way around through Blanding and Brush!

quick pic of what rhmahoney was talking about

Attachments

• DSC00278.JPG
    DSC00278.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00298.JPG
    DSC00298.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 40
Thank you for your information. We are excited to do a trip in a motorhome. Having trouble finding reviews on RV rental companies. Most of you probably own your own, but does anybody know a reputable company that rents in Las Vegas? I've read a lot of bad reviews about Cruiseamerica and El Monte seems to be much more expensive.

Mer

I don't think there are any RV rental companies that are not reputable. But what that reputation is depends on who you talk to.

We were in that area a couple of years ago.  We saw Cruise America and El Monte RV's all over the place.  Lots of people from overseas vacationing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom