rvupgradestore.com Composet Products
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Quartzsite 2010 rally happenings and photos  (Read 36644 times)

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
Re: Quartzsite 2010 rally happenings and photos
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »
Sorry we missed so many Forumites by the time we returned today. The weather threw a big monkey wrench into our INTO Area Rally and all of Thursday's activities were rescheduled and added to Saturday's, so we just couldn't make the Potluck/Birthday Party. We're back at the site and at least there are a few still here that came in after we left last Monday.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 07:42:17 PM »
I have numerous photos from attendees (and my own) that will be uploaded shortly to a new album in our photo albums (click the photos button in the menu).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:01:01 AM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Ron from Big D

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 09:16:17 PM »
Bob:  Thanks for the pictures of the group.  Low Res and hard to make out those in the group photo.

Sorry we missed this year, but based upon the weather, glad we didn't come.  It was warmer here in Dallas.

Ron from Big D
Staff
Artist/Photographer
http://picasaweb.google.com/remarabito

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
Ron:

We had a couple of days of wet weather but this was the cleanest QZ of our five, little or no DUST! ;D We also had lots of new framily to meet.

Missed you and Shirley; no trip to Parker for golf.

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 09:39:23 PM »
This is Chris, Tom's other half, posting my first message in the nearly 17 years The RV Forum has been in existence.

I wanted to say a big thank you to rally attendees for the kind gift of flowers presented to me on everyone's behalf by Betty yesterday. I also appreciated reading the nice comments some folks wrote.

Tom and I always enjoy attending rallies and meeting everyone. We also enjoy having people stop by our place on their way through town.

Chris,

If this rally  charged you to action after 17 years of Tom's RVForum activites then I'd say we  had a very successful rally.   I'd like to  include the  requested comments of long time and short time Forum members on the Value of the  Forum to them.. Also very special addition is a poem written  By Helaine long ago but still  applies. .

Betty
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:42:00 PM by Betty Brewer »
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 09:56:55 PM »
On  Sunday 1/24/2010 eight  4x4 vehicles  ventured out on the road to do "the Ridge" led by Terry Brewer.  We were thrilled to have so many interested  in an off road experience out here in Quartzsite.  We left by  10:08 am and returned  by 3:30 in time for Happy Hour.  I will  post photos when I  process them.  It was one of my personal   highlights of  Quartzsite 2010 times.   We had lots of  laughs,  one flat tire, many photo opportunities, lunch with a million, billion dollar view and cemented more friendships.  We learned Lois loves the more adventurous roads, we learned Lorna can drive anything, we learned Tim is a quick  tire changer, we learned Donna likes wineries ( none here), we learned Claire and Carol are really good sports, we learned Paul and Sherry  are Jeep troupers, we learned Wally can drop a beer on the road, we learned Frank's CB is very  good, we remembered how to  squat in the bushes, we learned Jim has done this run  before, we learned Lou has not done this before,  we learned what good friend can do as  a group.  What a beautiful group of folks.

Betty
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:56:36 AM by Betty Brewer »
Betty Brewer

see where we are

bigskymt

• ---
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 09:59:41 PM »
  The $40 fee was not an issue but in retrospect we would have preferred to camp free and donate that money to RV Forum.
  The Forum Staff did an excellent job of making sure everything went smoothly.......everything from Coffee to Trash P.U. to Exercise to Happy Hour.
  Bob made sure all new arrivals were greeted and welcomed.
  What a great bunch of dedicated people.
  We look forward to next year wherever it may be.

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 09:53:28 AM »
The RVForum Group picture is now ready for download HERE.

The WinZIP file, GroupFiles2010.zip, should contain three versions of the image. One is the untouched RAW file, the second is a full res JPG, and the third is a cropped image with titling similar to one I posted as an attachment -- only this one is about 1.8mb in size.

For the past 4 years or so, I have been asked to take the group image at the RVForum Rally. There has been a long standing rule that any pictures posted on forum threads as attachments can have no constraints as far as usage. Within the past few days, Tom has posted that rule on this thread -- perhaps as reminder. So, as in past years, there are no constraints on the on usage of the RVForum group image -- nor has there been a constraint in past years on the group picture I have taken.

Had a bit of problem yesterday with my server - so was not able to get the file containing the rest of my rally pictures uploaded. I will be working on that again this AM (Monday). It should be ready later this AM. I will post as soon as the link is working OK. It is a larger file and contains ALL of the pics I took at this rally. As in the past, with the rule in place about usage, all of these my images of the rally have been attached to posts here -- so there is no constraint on their usage. There wouldn't have been any constraint if they had not been posted.

Several of us here have on-line portfolio's -- mine is on Flickr.com. I have referenced several images there in the past. If one picture is copyrighted, they all must be copyrighted on Flickr. So to anyone around the world looking at my stuff, they can download, but must have my permission to use my work commercially. Some of my better forum images are on my Flickr account.  If ever used commercially, it would be a courtesy to me to let me know how they are used -- tho I doubt any of my forum stuff would have any commercial value.

Hope you enjoy the RVForum 2010 group picture . . .  :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 11:54:28 AM by Bob Buchanan »
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 05:25:20 PM »
Thanks, Bob.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »
Ron, you can see me in the forum picture- I'm on the right close to Bob with a red jacket.
Ernie- in Morristown, Az, with elec, TV!! and wifi
Ernie Ekberg, Weatherford, Tx
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
www.ernieekbergflooring.net

Marsha/CA

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2010, 09:44:54 PM »
To add to Betty's post and to please Margi, here are photos from the 4Wheel trip held on Sunday. 

Marsha~
2017 Heartland Mallard IDM231 Travel Trailer....Small but mighty.

Marsha/CA

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2010, 09:53:01 PM »
More photos
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:59:10 PM by Marsha/CA »

Marsha/CA

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 09:56:24 PM »
These are views and landscape from the 4Wheel Ride plus a view down the middle of the campground.  There were RVForum RVs on both sides of the road.  The big campfire ring and happy hour location is on the left side wayyyyyyyy down the road.

Marsha~

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2010, 10:04:32 PM »
My Quartzsite Rally Images - and final rally report:

HERE are 36 images I took at the QZ rally -- compressed in the WinZIP file, RVForumPics2010. They are all within the resolution required for forum attachments, between 100 and 200kb. The ZIP file is about 64 meg so you should be able to download it in 20minutes or so.

These would be OK for small prints 4x6 or for screen display. However, if there are any images that you would like the higher res files that came out of my camera, let me know and I will forward them to you as an email attachment. They came out of my camera at between 5.5 and 6.5mb JPG's -- so would make most any size print 11x14.

The rally has just about wound down now -- as most left this AM (Monday). Tonight 8 of us did the Grub Stake again, and as usual, had a great time.  We had no wait at all which was surprising. Lou and Wally had spent several hours this afternoon completely redoing my battery bank prior to repairing my Trace meter. I "really" appreciated that so insisted on taking them to dinner. Seeing those two dig into an RV electrical problem is a sight to behold. :)

Hope you enjoy the images . . .  :)
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 09:53:05 AM »
As a couple of members did this year you can have a honey wagon pump you out for $20.00.

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 10:05:48 AM »
Thanks Marsha and others for posting all the rally pictures.  For us stay-at-homes it's the next best thing to being there! :D

Margi

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2010, 03:33:35 PM »
Yum,  who made the spinach pear salad?

Betty - I did.  Glad you liked it.  I used oranges this year so those on Coumadin could eat it (no grapefruit).

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

Helaine & Wally

• ---
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2010, 04:19:49 PM »
Thats where Im at, Plomosa Road, your right no dust here and very quiet and nice, dont even have to leash your doggy here!

So Just where are you. We are near the Escapees Boondockers right now.
Blue and White Seabreeze and little red car.. Give us a holler

Helaine
Helaine Hepworth
Timber Valley SKP Park

Hfx_Cdn

• ---
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2010, 09:40:19 PM »
    Marsha & Tim, the 4wheeler pics are great.  I see that you didn't post the one of someone spiking my tire, and Donna wants to know where the one of us virtually rolling over coming down the "easy" side is.
    FWIW we went to the tire shop today to replace the tire, and guess what, it's a special order here.  Maybe after the el Nino front moves through tomorrow, that cloud over our heads will move on   ;)
   It is hard to express exactly what we expected at Quartzsite, and it only hit a few of those expectations.  In most ways it was far better, and with over 50 Framily there, it was an opportunity to make and expand friendships.  There really is no similar experience to Quartzsite in the east with the boondocking, the RV & Gemshows, and the occasional sunrise or sunset.
    Donna and I want to thank you all for the 15 year tradition of the Rally, and in particular all those who work so hard to keep it going.  Rallies are one of the things that differentiates this Forum from those also rans.

Ed
Ed & Donna
Winter-Pinellas Park FL, Summer- Maritime Canada
2000 Coachmen Catalina 34' DP (owned 2004 to 2015)
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2010, 10:55:08 PM »
       It is hard to express exactly what we expected at Quartzsite, and it only hit a few of those expectations.  In most ways it was far better, and with over 50 Framily there, it was an opportunity to make and expand friendships.  There really is no similar experience to Quartzsite in the east with the boondocking, the RV & Gemshows, and the occasional sunrise or sunset.   

Ed and Donna,

We really wanted you to have a wonderful time at Quartzsite.  I am so sorry that the black cloud of bad luck seems to rush over your western travels. However you continue to be good sports in the desert travels.   Your vehicle was wonderful on our  4 wheel drive.  Just a pesky rock.... what can I say.?

Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2010, 07:47:37 AM »
Off to a slow start, partly due to desert allergies and a sinus infection. But I've finally begun populating the QZ 2010 Rally photo album - click the Photos button above. Bob Buchanan's group photo is on the album cover.

Some photos came from the attachments to messages, and others were given to me electronically. All photos were uploaded with the permission of the respective photographer and, as always, due attribution is given.

If anyone else has photos from the rally, please add them to one or more replies here. Alternatively, email them to me. Thanks.

geodrake

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2010, 08:43:44 AM »
Tom: Thanks for posting the fine photos.  It appears that everyone has a great time there.  We have wanted to make it to Quartzsite for a couple of years now.  Perhaps next year.
George Drake

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »
You're welcome George, but all thanks are due the photographers who took the shots and either attached them to messages or gave/sent them to me. Haven't yet uploaded any of my own pictures; I'm almost ashamed to upload my primitive efforts after seeing the others.

The photo gallery is not meant as a substitute for the messages posted here, but it's nice to be able to look in the Gallery and browse albums from numerous rallies and other events.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2010, 03:32:20 PM »
I added a few of my photos/pictures/snapshot to the album. I'll add more if/when I find appropriate ones &.or receive more.

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 12:32:47 AM »
Tom,

You really must remember this is not a photo contest! Any photos of an RV Forum event are welcome regardless of one's thoughts of their abilities!!!

Heck, you should know that. Your the boss!!! ;D ;D ;D
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 07:47:04 AM »
Understood Jim, and you're right of course. That's why I always upload some of my pics.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2010, 12:48:31 PM »
Forum member Robert (aka caltex) has kindly provided his photos from the 4 x 4 trip to The Ridge in the form of a slide show put to music. The file, in .mov format, can be downloaded here.

One caveat - the file is approx 200Mb, which might make it tough for folks on slow connections or limited bandwidth. With Robert's permission, I'll gladly make hard copies on DVD for The Ridge trip participants; PM or email me with a snail mail address.

Terry A. Brewer

• ---
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2010, 06:22:39 PM »
Thanks Robert

Nice slide show.... made me feel like I was there.<G>

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2010, 08:05:05 PM »
Terry, I felt like I was there too, and I didn't even make the trip!

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2010, 08:49:25 AM »
Hi Robert,

Nice job but it sure made me wish I was in that lineup! :) The Ridge is one of my favorite rides. It's one of Pat's least favorite! ;D
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick