Using the coax in cable to carry the satellite signal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Bill

I have an '04 Winnebago Journey that I am upgrading the video system to HD. The old Winegard AS-2003 died so I replaced it with the new Trav'ler HD dish.

The problem I have is the coax line to the exterior entertainment center originates from a splitter in the space behind the bedroom TV. I am trying not to run a new coax to the exterior because of the routing problems that creates.

I have attached a drawing showing the use of diplexers in the coax line that brings the cable in from the external connection to the front of the coach to allow this coax to carry the satellite signal. As long as I don't use this line to attach an external satellite dish, it seems to me this should work.

In you opinion, will it work?

Thanks for the help,

On Edit:  I changed the drawing to show the before and the after. 

Attachments

• TV Satelite hookup.pdf
    48.4 KB · Views: 39
Bill - not sure.  You pass a positive or negative voltage from the receiver to the LNB to select odd/even transponders, and I'm not sure if the splitter is bi-directional.  My guess is that it won't work, but I would run that question by a satellite guy (or gal.)

This might be more of a general question, but let's let it stay here a while.

The only comment is that the "B-Band Converters" for your Bedroom and outside TV's must be on the Dish side of your diagram not at their respective HD Receivers.

The Diplexors block the B-Band frequencies therefore the B-Band Converters must do their job before the signal reaches the Diplexers.

I am confused about about the referenced Coax Line to the exterior entertainment center, I assume that this is not the Coax going to the outside TV but rather a parallel connection with your normal Cable Input connection in the Power Bay.

Your Diagram as shown will work fine as long as the B-Band converters are properly placed but your diagram does not show the Coax on the splitter behind your behind your BR TV.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom