2010 Trailer Life Directory Campground Navigator - 2 CD-ROM Set?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dar

Anyone purchase this? If so, what do you think? Does it actually provide turn-by-turn on your computer?
Thanks in advance!

We have the 2010 edition on order but have used the previous versions for several years.  We don't use it for navigation, but I've tested that and it seems to work.  For locating campgrounds in an area, it's excellent, and has all the same information as in the paper directory without the bulk :)

But some of us like the paper version, especially when traveling in areas that border two or more states.  Sometimes it's just nice to be able to stick pieces of paper or clips on four, five, or six relevant pages and flip back and forth between them.  ;)  The Washington DC area is a good example and New England is another.

I use the GPS for navigating and the Trailer Life directory of finding campgrounds.

ArdraF

We prefer Woodalls, and picked up the paper version and their CD at the QZ show for $11.

I have a copy of the 2008 edition and like the way it works.  You set up a route and find campgrounds close to the route.  Click on them for details, etc.  If you set up a long haul route without stops it will give you recommendations of campgrounds close to your end of day travel.  It will work with GPS input and give you turn by turn instructions.  I normally just put the weighpoints into the GPS and use that for navigation.  The tool is great for setting up a trip while in front of the PC.

Thanks everyone, sounds like it might be worth getting, I'll have to check out Woodalls also.

We have used TLD Campground Navigator since 2004 and wouldn't be without it for locating and evaluating campgrounds.  We just pre-ordered the 2011 edition

We have not yet used the Navigating feature as it would not function w/ the gps we purchased for our Delorme Earthmate Atlas program. We navigate w/ the Delorme program on a PC and are happy w/ the flexibility it offers, so have not purchased a gps compatible with the TLD C N  - but would be interested in learning how flexible it is for inserting via routing and stops - and in locating reststops/restaurants/fuel sites/points of interest.

I will check Woodalls also

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom