Looking for Toyota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nandancer

Hi everyone...I'm not new to RVing...but have not had an RV for a long time.  I'm looking for a Toyota RV if I can find one...with low miles, good condition and a reasonable price.  A "friend" of mine just bought one out from under me on ebay...so much for that one.  If you know of one, please let me know. 

[email protected]

Are you looking for a Dolphin motorhome on a Toyota pickup chassis? They had a bad reputation because they were overweight, or close to it, before adding people, food and water.

I can't suggest anywhere better than Google to find one of those RVs.

BTW I changed the subject line and moved your message so you'd get a better chance of a response.

Nandancer,

I have heard all the bad things about Toyota chassis motorhomes, however, I have a friend who has one and his experience is the opposite.    It is the last year they made them, I think "93 or "94.  He has had excellent service from his, has been back and forth across the country several times.  Has never had a tire problem with it, gets around 17 mpg.  I notice in my travels that there are a lot more of them in the west than in the east.

Good to hear that positive report Jim.

Another caveat with that motorhome - it doesn't have separate grey and black tanks. The way our friends described it, if they took a shower, unmentionable stuff came up from below.

Nandancer:
I saw one today.  a Rockwood on a Toyota chassis.
It is located in NE Iowa. If you want me to check it
out for you just let me know.
It's forsale on a used car lot.

Regards,

John

There was a recall on certain models for defective (under-rated) rear axles. Check to see if your prospect has had that fixed.

Back
Top Bottom