auto transporters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobk212

Hey out there...my wife and I are relocating by RV to Arizona and need some input on the best way to transport our extra vehicle....we've been looking on the internet for companies that transport cars ...any help out there would be appreciated ...thanks

Assuming you can't tow the car, one of the transport companies is one way to go. You just need to figure out if it's worth the cost vs selling the vehicle before you move.

I'm already towing one car...we plan on being in Arizona for at least 4 months and my wife wants to keep her car ...we've thought of having a friend drive it down then fly back, but it wouldn't be that much more money to use a auto transport company...but Ive never dealt with any of them and dint know who is reputable or not ...was hoping someone on the forum might have had some experience with any of them...and what to look out for in dealing with them

Where are to leaving from and where in Az are you going?  I have heard of at least one case in which another RVer towed a car down for a fellow RVer.

I know at least one forum member who used a transporter company and AFAIK the car arrived unharmed.

I had a car shipped a few years ago from California to Texas.  It was a black 300ZX with no dings.  It arrived on schedule just as it left - no dings. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the transporter, but I selected one local to Dallas so if the car arrived with problems I wouldn't have to work the issues long distance.

bobk212 said:
Hey out there...my wife and I are relocating by RV to Arizona and need some input on the best way to transport our extra vehicle....we've been looking on the internet for companies that transport cars ...any help out there would be appreciated ...thanks

Try FedEX. I used a transporter in March. Paid approx. $1/mile for 2000+ mile trip: more than my car was worth but its an old friend and would cost $50,000 to replace. Did not pay for covering, which was an extra -did get some oil on my car from one above and was required to pay extra for large vehicle (suburban). These companies are simply brokers i.e. they schedule owner-operators. Thus its luck of draw on performance. Our driver/s teamed and nearly beat us to final destination. We arrived just a couple of hours before them. I had to drive 700+ miles/day which when allowing enough time for them to drop off other cars, have a flat tire and detour around weigh stations on Interstate because they were over weight made it work.

Buy yourself a couple of FRS radios, tune to an obsecure channel, and have your wife follow you in her car. If anything happens to your toad or your coach- she will see it first hand. Just another option. Ernie in Montana

Back
Top Bottom