What should I offer for an Tiffin Allegro Red

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diverdon

The wife and I went to a show yesterday and the motorhome we liked was the Allegra Red.

The dealer at the show has a sticker on the Allegra for 169k. I emailed a big dealer in Fl and he said "if I am ready to act now he can sell me one for 154K"

I am interested in any information that can be used to help me decide how to make the lowest offer which has any realistic chance of being accepted. This will be my first motorhome. Other than lowest price are there any drawbacks to the Tiffen Allegra Red that I should look out for. How can I go about getting one of these for the lowest possible price?

Is the another maker which offers a better deal on a Diesel Pusher in this pricerange.

If you have recently purchased one of these or a similar I would really like to hear about how you got the best possible deal. If you can please share the price you paid. If there is any thing you do not wish to say in public please send me a PM.

Thanks
Don

No one has any Ideas on how to bargain on a new motorhome? Come on help me out.

When we bought our Winnebago new, we asked for and got 30+% off list price. That was in 2004.

Wendy
Qtz

Negotiating 101: you need leverage and a price threshold you are willing to accept.

Find more than one dealer you are willing to work with and start conversations with them.  Engage them all and begin low.  Start at 70-75% of MSRP and work your way up.  If you are willing, consider some other brands/models that might suit your needs and seriously look at them.  Know similar models and be able to communicate to the dealer that you have options and are looking for the best deal (as opposed to a specific unit that you "have-to-have").  You don't have to necessarily be willing to buy the alternative, but you need the dealer to believe you have other options.  Also, what is your timing?...if you are willing to be patient, it will help you in negotiation. 

Make your initial offer and wait for a counter-offer.  Don't negotiate against yourself, but make it clear that you will be a reasonable buyer with serious intentions.  Be patient and be willing to walk away if you aren't getting the response you want that day.  Come back in a few days and see if they are willing to continue the conversation.

I can't say that I know what you will be able to get in this market.  New dealer sales don't seem to have the deep discounts they had in late 2008/early 2009 when they were trying to get rid of inventory.  Plus you are buying a high value, high reputation brand and the dealers won't have the same motivation to move inventory.  I was able to buy new in October 2008 at around 65% retail, but that was a different market and a different brand.  I doubt you will be able to get nearly that discount on a Tiffin.

Lastly, if the above fails and your diligent negotiations aren't progressing, you have a choice.  Find a different brand/unit, or if you have found the unit you and your DW have to have...just do it.  Life is too short to compromise your dreams for a few pennies here and there.  ;)

Others may have differing opinions, but that's my $0.02.

Despite the state of the economy, the Allegro Red is a hot seller and Tiffin can't build them fast enough. You probably won't have much leverage with this model. Follow Mc2Guy's excellent advice, but I suspect you won't get more than about 15% off on that model.

RV Roamer said:
Despite the state of the economy, the Allegro Red is a hot seller and Tiffin can't build them fast enough. You probably won't have much leverage with this model. Follow Mc2Guy's excellent advice, but I suspect you won't get more than about 15% off on that model.
Gary is right on...if you can get 15% off, take it
last March Lazy Days of Florida  introduced one of the first Allegro Red's at the Tampa RV show.. the second day of the showing it was gone, sold at list price.. i ordered my Allegro Red from Camping World of Ft. Meyers..I traded in an 08 Allegro Bay 37' (gas powered) ..the bottom line was to my satisfaction so i made the deal...have now got 13000 miles on it ..getting 9.5-10.5 mpg ..it is what Tiffin calls a baby Phaeton (i call it a poor man's Phaeton) :)
BTW..Camping World of Ft. Meyers lost the Tiffin franchise..the new dealer is North Trails RV of Ft. Meyers..their service department is second to none...They took care of the warranty work on  my Fleetwood ..
peter d

Maybe you should try to deal in this part of the country, we have Red's at two different local dealers here that have been sitting. One for a couple months and one for a month which in the past seemed like a real long time for a Tiffin. One was at the RV show last month and both I and the dealer agreed that it would be snapped up at the show but it now sits on their lot. Shocking.

Dar said:
Maybe you should try to deal in this part of the country, we have Red's at two different local dealers here that have been sitting. One for a couple months and one for a month which in the past seemed like a real long time for a Tiffin. One was at the RV show last month and both I and the dealer agreed that it would be snapped up at the show but it now sits on their lot. Shocking.

sounds good, but what part of the country?

peter d

Crain RV in Little Rock, AR, has one listing for $188K; offered to me at $155, or about 17%% discount.  You can view it on their website if interested.

if this helps i just closed on a new Allegro Red  for $155k at the Tampa Fairgrounds RV show

My recent buying experience of an Allegro gassser lines up with these comments.  I'm going to guess that RED's are even hotter.  15% off list is very good for Tiffins today and if you've found one optioned as you like with a dealer you like, go for it!  Try for 20%, maybe you can get in between somewhere, but settle for 15 if that's what it takes and you can afford it.

Good luck!!

Gordon

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom