Who else is on Facebook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am very reluctantly there.

My grand kids are to blame ;)

Actually I think the concept is good, but I resent Facebook inserting itself into the act and soliciting further participation.  It just confirms to me that they have far more visibility into my affairs than I am comfortable with.  JMHO

I'm very reluctantly there, too ... keeping up with my nieces, nephews and their kids' activites.

What drives me nuts on Facebook are all the Farmville postings.  I counted 22 of them one day before I got to anything that interested me.

Margi

I'm with Lou. I've been on FB for a year. Initially joined after receiving a Christmas card from an older cousin who mentioned that her DIL had "signed her up for a FB account".

During the registration process, it became clear that it's quite intrusive. I entered the absolute minimum of information, most of it 'modified'. It took me all of a few keystrokes to find my cousin, although she was still struggling "to get the hang of it". It then took me a few messages to convince her to go to email, and we've continued a dialog since.

I visit FB occasionally (more like rarely), but I continue to receive invitations to be "friends" with folks I don't know and have never heard of. Some of the stuff I see folks posting tells me that many have no clue about the fact that "it's all out there" for the world to see.

Tom and Margi said:
What drives me nuts on Facebook are all the Farmville postings.  I counted 22 of them one day before I got to anything that interested me.

Margi

Margi: Just to the right of those postings your cursor can bring up a link to hide those Farmville postings...yup, they drove me nuts till I figgered out how to zap 'em  :-\

We are also there due to the family ties. With 11 kids, 23 grand kids and 4 great grand kids it's about the best way to keep track of most of them.

Dick and Pat said:
Margi: Just to the right of those postings your cursor can bring up a link to hide those Farmville postings...yup, they drove me nuts till I figgered out how to zap 'em  :-\
Oh, WOW!  Thank you so much for that tip!  :)

Margi

I hope that those of you that aren't already connected to me via Facebook will add me as a FB friend. bmaxwell at unm dot edu.

I do not do any apps or games and learned a moth ago how to block them as pointed out above. My story continues there. . . And I've kids and grandkids there too!

I started FB the month after Bev died to reconnect with many that had grown closer on Carepages and I am glad that I have an opportunity to also connect with you there.

Dick and Pat said:
I can't seem to find the right place to hide the Farmville postings.  I guess I need instructions written with a bigger crayon.  :-[  Can you tell me more? 

Margi (feeling like a relic)  ::)

Never mind ....  8)  I finally found it, just where you said it was located.  The "Hide" doesn't pop up until the cursor hits it. 

Margi (maybe not relic yet ... just slow on the uptake)

Not me!  We reject any and all invitations to join.  I prefer private email.

ArdraF

Best thing we did was join Facebook!  ;D

It's amazing how many old friends you can contact and talk about old times.....along with the newer friends you enjoy.

I used to spend LOTS of time on these type RV forums here, but not since Facebook came along!  ;)

Back
Top Bottom