Hardwood floor in travel trailer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeepjunky

I was looking at some pictures of RV's with hardwood floor and my wife and I really liked it. We have left over of that snap together wood flooring from our living room and was thinking about using that. Anyone have this kinda wood in there travel trailer or know someone that does? Or is this a bad idea?

FYI: I have an 07, 21' Wave thor...

I hope I posted this in the right section, if not sorry.

jeepjunky,
we recently removed all the carpet and installed allure flooring from home depot in our moho with great results. pictures to follow soon... ;D
the thickness of the flooring material, about 1/8", was not an issue in our case.
yours may be different? :-\

IMHO real wood flooring would be the pits to maintain in an RV.  First is the extreme temperature fluctuation that can occur in an RV.  That alone could wreak havoc on the wood.  Next is the rocks, dirt,sand that can get tracked into an RV from a camp ground.  That could destroy the flooring in a very short time. Then there is the issue of moisture.  What if you get even a small water leak.  It can stain the wood making it really ugly.
If you are going to do anything, consider one of the laminates like Pergo or a similar product.  I think it would at least have a chance of surviving a few years.

If you check the laminates like Pergo, you will see that they are made of a high grade of MDF. which translates into particle board. see what happens when that gets wet- my opinion only, your swelling may vary~

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom