Source for oven??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hirschj?ger

I have a Jayco Kiwi with a range top and then a microwave under that. I'm thinking I would like to remove the range top and the microwave, modify the cabinet and replace them both with a gas oven. Just wondering if there is a place a feller could buy an oven like this?.
Thanks

Rv size cooktop and oven combos are available from numerous RV stores, locally or online. Just Google RV Oven and you will find dozens of sources.

Here is one example:
http://www.rvpartscenter.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=27609&StoreID=11&DepartmentID=69&CategoryID

Hi Hirschjager,

Just a perspective from a woman's view.  Have you cooked in an RV oven/stove top combination?  They are a bit hard to regulate and when we had one, I actually stopped using it because it usually burned every thing I made or cooked unevenly.  Some people have worked around the problem by putting a "stone" piece on the bottom of the stove to disperse the heat.

In our motor home we have a microwave/convection oven combination and I LOVE it!

Marsha~

Marsha/CA said:
Hi Hirschjager,

Just a perspective from a woman's view.  Have you cooked in an RV oven/stove top combination?  They are a bit hard to regulate and when we had one, I actually stopped using it because it usually burned every thing I made or cooked unevenly.  Some people have worked around the problem by putting a "stone" piece on the bottom of the stove to disperse the heat.

In our motor home we have a microwave/convection oven combination and I LOVE it!

Marsha~

Marsha,  That is just fine if you only go to places with full hookups.  However many many of us actually like to camp away from people and hookups (Boondocking).  In this case your suggestion is not a workable solution.  Therefore the use of either a pizza stone, unglazed ceramic tiles, or even fire bricks is to us a far better solution.  Personally we have used out microwave about three times in 4 years in the trailer.  It is simply a waste of good storage space.

donn said:
Marsha,  That is just fine if you only go to places with full hookups.  However many many of us actually like to camp away from people and hookups (Boondocking).  In this case your suggestion is not a workable solution.  Therefore the use of either a pizza stone, unglazed ceramic tiles, or even fire bricks is to us a far better solution.  Personally we have used out microwave about three times in 4 years in the trailer.  It is simply a waste of good storage space.

donn, actually you can use a microwave/convection oven when boondocking if you have a generator. I used a pizza stone in our oven when we had the TT and it helped but still does not compare to a convection oven or home oven.

Not trying to highjack the tread or anything, but I wanted to ask those folks who use the Micro/convection ovens if they are able to use them while running the AC?
In my MH, I have a 4KW Onan Genset and I cannot use the AC and the microwave at the same time and I don't know if that is a normal thing or there is something wrong with mine. Also I have thought about using an inverter just for the microwave and see if that works. If some one knows if it will, please chime in. ;)

If you only have a 30A electrical system you usually won't be able to run an A/C and a microwave at the same time as the combined load will exceed the available power.

donn,

I fixed your quote.  When inserting a quote be sure that your response is "after" the last quote bracket.

However to respond...different strokes for different folks.  I don't have a storage problem and we have a generator that will run the microwave if we are boon docking.  I just really like the way the microwave/convection oven cooks; it's even and does a great job.  There is no way I'd go back to the stove top/under counter oven.

Fred G don't worry about hijacking the thread...., as Ned says it could be that your motorhome/RV only has 30 amp service, so you will be limited.  With 50 amp I don't have a problem running everything; and I do: microwaves, 2 A/Cs, hair dryer, curling iron.....  What can I say, I'm a power hog!

If you use the inverter to run the microwave, you will drain your batteries really quickly.  I know 'cause I did it once.  My husband had not flipped the breaker switch and I was just microwaving lots of stuff....batteries went dead fast!

Marsha~

Well, and back to the original question, try here also:

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-stoves-ovens-microwaves-parts-1.htm

Cool place.  They should sure have what you need.

I have both a convection/microwave AND a propane range/oven.  I like the convection, but I also use the propane oven a lot.  Actually, I use both of them at the same time.  I find the microwave/convection just isn't adequate for our style of cooking.  I've been known to be using the three range top burners at the same time as the others.  For example, this year we had Christmas dinner on the road.  The turkey breast was in the convection oven on auto roast; the previously cooked stuffing was in the propane oven warming up, and our other dishes were on the range top.  It worked great.

The convection is nicest when it's 110 degrees outside and I don't want to heat up the motorhome.  The propane is nicest when it's cold outside - it helps warm up the motorhome.  So we have the best of both worlds.  ;)  I do like to use the propane oven when we're boondocking at rallies so we don't have to run the generator so much.

ArdraF

Brenda always wanted an oven. She said "I could cook for you" Well, that's all well and good except when we are together we always eat out. go figure~

try this link, these guys are a Jayco dealer and may be able to assist.!
http://www.allseasonsrv.com/cf/shopmast/shopmdeptsrchp.cfm?shopmdeptid=71

Marsha/CA said:
donn,

I fixed your quote.  When inserting a quote be sure that your response is "after" the last quote bracket.

However to respond...different strokes for different folks.  I don't have a storage problem and we have a generator that will run the microwave if we are boon docking.  I just really like the way the microwave/convection oven cooks; it's even and does a great job.  There is no way I'd go back to the stove top/under counter oven.

Fred G don't worry about hijacking the thread...., as Ned says it could be that your motorhome/RV only has 30 amp service, so you will be limited.  With 50 amp I don't have a problem running everything; and I do: microwaves, 2 A/Cs, hair dryer, curling iron.....  What can I say, I'm a power hog!

If you use the inverter to run the microwave, you will drain your batteries really quickly.  I know 'cause I did it once.  My husband had not flipped the breaker switch and I was just microwaving lots of stuff....batteries went dead fast!

Marsha~

Thanks Marsha and Ned for your words of wisdom. I'm more at peace now knowing its all normal.

Thanks for all the replies. The reason I don't like the MW is because we do a lot of camping that doesn't have hookups (like Cades Cove and such). The MW gets used as a cabinet mostly, as a matter of fact I think we have popped 1 bag of MW popcorn in the thing up at Pigeon Forge. We bought a toaster oven that works OK but it is a draw on our little 1000 watt Honda Gen. We would mainly cook frozen pizzas and canned biscuit (sometimes homade ;D). The gas oven would just be much more useful for us, maybe not so much for others.
I'll check the links and see if I can find what I need.
Once again thanks for the replies.  ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom