Laptops and TVs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crackodawn

Ever wanted to display what you see on your laptop or computer via your large LCD TV? Sure you can connect it via a cable and do it that way but why bother when you can do it wireless.

There are a number of wireless ultra wide band USB solutions available. They really do work. A small receiver connects to your TV via the standard PC video cable or better yet, an HDMI cable. A small USB transmitter goes into an available USB port on your laptop/PC. The connection is almost instantaneous and you can choose between displaying on the PC, or TV only or both. You can also use the TV as an extended display.

The best thing of all? Even if your computer/laptop doesn't have an HDMI or DVI output, from the USB transmitter the signal converts to HDMI at the receiver and you get that on your TV. The result is that you can send both the video and the audio from your laptop/PC to a large screen TV.

The speed of the signal is so fast that you can play DVDs on your laptop/PC and they show on the TV without chutter or skipping. The sound is clear and you can't notice the difference between that and something from a dedicated DVD player.

The possibilities? Instead of upgrading or installing a DVD player, use the one in your PC or laptop. Sit back and browse the Internet on that big screen. Plan trips on a huge map and look at video/pics of potential locations.

Run GPS software on your laptop/PC and connect to an external GPS and get a full blown moving map GPS on a huge display.

I'm not mentioning the model/brand I've tested because I don't want to advertise in any way. If you want, you can PM me and I'll share exactly what I use and give you some tips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom