We finally left Quartzsite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeCoke

We pulled out of Quartzsite today after Dumping and getting Propane and water at the Pit Stop.
Didn't travel very far we went South to Mittry Lake just North of Yuma.
Here is a pic of our Campsite.

Mike

Attachments

• MittryCampSite3.jpg
    MittryCampSite3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 111
Talk about Lake front property!  Nice  Are you sure this is the desert?

Betty

Mike, I noticed your bikes on the back of your MH.  What kind of hitch do you have that allows you to tow your car AND put the bikes there at the same time?  We have a great bike rack that hitches to the MH that we bought BEFORE we started towing the car so of course that one won't work now.  We just usually just put the bikes in the back of the SUV but have been looking for a get up like you are using.  Thanks.

Ruth

I left Quartzite 2 days ago, hanging out at Imperial Dam long term camping, 20 miles from Yuma. Cool place, next neighbour is 500 yds away, watching the para troppers jump from Hercules planes all day is a bonus.

Attachments

• imp3.jpg
    imp3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 46
vmax1 said:
watching the para troppers jump from Hercules planes all day is a bonus.
Those are the Army Golden Knights parachute team.  That's their training base.

ruthandken CDN said:
Mike, I noticed your bikes on the back of your MH.  What kind of hitch do you have that allows you to tow your car AND put the bikes there at the same time?  We have a great bike rack that hitches to the MH that we bought BEFORE we started towing the car so of course that one won't work now.  We just usually just put the bikes in the back of the SUV but have been looking for a get up like you are using.  Thanks.

Ruth

Ruth,
The rack we use attaches to the ladder.

Attachments

• tr3resized.JPG
    tr3resized.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 29
Camping world has some called "Swagman" that may work.  I had a similar one that attached to the receiver extension I installed with the tow bar attached to it.  Worked well as long as we did not make tight turns as the bike wheels would touch the towed.  Never had a problem but we could have if we hadn't been extra careful.

Back
Top Bottom