Mattress Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ace8077

I have a 2005 Jayco 27BH.  The Queen mattress in the "master" bedroom is shot.  I need a good afforadable solution. I really don't want to dump $500 on a mattress.  Anyone had any luck with just full piece of foam?

I'm also looking to replace the lower bunk with a new mattress.  It's one of those "special" cut mattress with the corner cut off.  Any affordable solutions to that?

You get what you pay for.  We just replaced ours, it was nice to have several shops here in Yuma that actually had Queen shorts to try out before buying.  Mattresses ranged from $200 to $800, and we settled on a space age viscose foam mattress in the mid range.  It cost a bit more than the foam, but so far it has been worth every penny

I didn't like the mattress in our Winnebago from day one. Last year, we bought a Thermashield pillow top mattress cover and love it. It was easier and cheaper than buying a new mattress.

Wendy
wet Lake Mittry, Yuma

We have a HEAVY futon mattress for our Queen (more like a Full) with a cheap foam topper on it.  It is very comfortable, and of minimal cost.  If you're a full timer I can see paying a higher price for a nightly mattress, but it just doesn't make sense for weekend/vacation users like us.  Especially when we're happy with what was there (the futon mattress) when we bought the rig.  I just added the foam "egg crate" style topper.

Back
Top Bottom