Maxum & Rear Radiator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art In Mobile

I will be much more picky on my next Rv but would like a Diesel pusher. The Maxum chassis should hold all that I would want to carry. The rear radiator  is a problem to keep clean. Do some of you out there remember the Blue Bird option of the swing out radiator? It would seem to me to be the answer to Winnebago's problem with the rear radiator if they would incorporate that mod in there Maxum. Sure would be nice to swing out the radiator and rinse and get to the engine better.
  Also is this just a rumor or is is it true that John will install a slide out tray for the basement air conditioner if we drive to Texas for only ten dollars? That way we could clean and repair the basement air in 30 minutes or less. Can I be first?

Naw, it must be a rumor.  John won't charge $10 ..... he's got such a big heart!  Ya, he loves fab'ing stuff in his shop too!

Couldn't resist......lov ya John.

Bill

I really haven't found the rear radiator an issue at all. I squirt it down when I wash the rig (which hasn't happened in a while) and look for debris in the fins.  I have an on board digital readout of the coolant temp, and it isn't any higher now then when it was new nearly four years ago.  Now I would love it if it swung out to get to the engine, but other than that no issues. 

Sarge

Back
Top Bottom