Adobe Lightroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Indyrvfolks

If anyone is interested, the Abode Lightroom 3 beta is available for download.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/?trackingid=FCEUG

Regards,
Carol

Downloaded and been using for a week or so.  Also!  If you are not yet licensed for LR, check eBay, there are resellers that will sell a license, just the same as buying in a store, but no box, for about $39.  Instant license.  Good for upgrades too.  Full use.

I have been using Lightroom since it was a beta and it is my favorite post processing program that I have ever used. I have never bought it since I have been using beta and trial versions for the last few years. I just can't believe their pricing policy. $299 for version 1 and then to upgrade to version 2 costs $99. Thanks for the tip Bill, I think I will go to eBay and score a license.

Lightroom is essentially a post processing program for professional photographers (and really serious amateurs) created by professional photographers who process a lot of images every day. The focus of the program is to be able to process a lot of images in a short period of time. They accomplish the goals quite nicely. If you decide to try it out then you can find online tutorials that are free that will help you get going.

I downloaded the LR beta; Haven't used it since the first beta that I didn't find intuitive. Started reading instructions and came across this:

Perform your desired edits in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, and when you?re ready to commit to them, choose File >Save.

If the edits are done in PS or PSE, what does one do to an image in LR  ???

Bill/Tom,

I couldn't find any LR licenses for that price, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place. If you see one, could you please post a link, TIA.

Tom said:
I downloaded the LR beta; Haven't used it since the first beta that I didn't find intuitive. Started reading instructions and came across this:

If the edits are done in PS or PSE, what does one do to an image in LR  ???

I don't understand that either, Tom. Lightroom and Photoshop are two completely different tools. They have some functions that are similar, but they are not interchangable programs. With Photoshop you can do pixel level work that you can't do with Lightroom. You can do all kinds of photo manipulation, like putting yourself into a photo with George Bush, with Photoshop that Lightroom can't do. But Lightroom can do things Photoshop can't do, especially in RAW, and Lightroom is a lot easier to use and learn than Photoshop.

Lightroom is not intuitive at all. I used a free set of online video tutorials to get me kickstarted with Lightroom. Here are the ones I used: http://www.whibalhost.com/_Tutorials/Photoshop_LR/01/index.html

I couldn't find the licenses on eBay either.

Checked with the seller when I got mine, Doesn't have any left.  Saw no others at the price I paid.  Guess it was a limited time offer.  At the time there were probably 8 sellers having the license from 39 to about 59. 

Thanks for the clarification and the link Tom.

Lightroom is not intuitive at all.

Now I don't feel quite as dumb; I gave up on the first beta of LR because it wasn't intuitive.

Time to dig out my old PS and load it on this PC.

Back
Top Bottom