pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrbirdguy

Hello I am just wondering about traviling with pets I am concidering living full time in an travel trailer I love birds but don't know how I could take them I like all birds but would be intrested in finches or sompting also just wondering about things like ferrets how woud you house and carry them. In a tt and how leagle issues? And what pets do you take with you I know fish are out of the question so?

I have a place vto park it and I work fulltime but would take it on weekends and vacation

Many people take birds, I recall a couple with about 4 parrots that also had a golf cart with a perch for driving them around a campground.  Ferrets.  Old friend of mine travelled with 3.  So long as they are properly owned I don't see any issues, but the ferret owners organization should help with that.  I just remember him walking them on a leash.

I've seen just about every imaginable pet in an RV - birds (including large parrots and macaws), rabbits, ferrets (4 of them!), gerbils, and of course cats and dogs of all breeds.  If you can find the space and deal with the inevitable pet clean-up chores, the only real issue is safety and quality of life for the pet. Birds should be relatively easy since the food is light and you don't have to walk them a couple times a day.

Back in 1990 I lived in a 26 foot class C with an African Grey Parrot, which is a pigeon sized parrot. I used bunge cords to strap the cage to the top of the dinette table and Winston did just fine.

Back
Top Bottom