Replacing wallpaper border in rv?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boaterkathy

Has anyone tried to do this?  The wallpaper border in our "new to us" motorhome is a little loose in one area, plus I don't think it goes the best with some of the fabric.  I would like to take it off and replace it.
Can this be done without harming the "wallpaper" covering the whole wall?  Can I use regular wallpaper border or do I have to use something specially made for rv's?  I have hung wallpaper and border many times, so it would be easy to do......just don't know if if is possible in an rv.
Any advice or suggestions welcome!

Kathy,

There are a couple of sections of our border wall paper that also are loose like yours.  I haven't done it yet, but I thought about taking a damp thick cloth and putting it on the border, then placing a hot iron on it so it would steam.  That's what I'm thinking of doing with ours.  I'm hoping only the border becomes loose, not the regular wall paper.

Like you, I've done a ton of wall papering over my life time, including borders. 

Hopefully others will chime in with some suggestions.

Marsha~

Kathy,

I have  done lots of wall papering in my decrortaing life in stick homes .  I have purchased  lots of  glue adhesives  to add borders to our exicsting  motorhome walls but never had the  time to apply it.  I think if you  treat the walls and size them you will have no problems. But I did  not want to do any of this until  I  tested a section.  Our travels always became more important than my tests , so I still hold the paper and glue for a  change. Some day I will be able to give you first hand report.

Betty

I took my border off, I just by chance had a steam buggie from years ago out in the shed,
and I used the steam to get the border off. I
steamed only what I needed to being careful
not to hold it on there too long, yes, I made
that mistake in one place. I also used a plastic
wide putty knife to scrape off the old stuff.
Let me also add that in the bathroom I wanted
to remove the entire wallpaper, the steamer
worked super slick to get that vinyl stuff off,
as long as I was pulling it off while it was hot
from the steam, soon as it cooled it was stuck
on there like cement, so I had to work fast.

Back
Top Bottom