little advice for a first time T.C user

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ron_a_tron

well Ive started my winter project and am relieved it not as bad as i had thought. i was recently given a old vanguard  T.C.  iv started to rebiuld the cabover  reseal all the windows add a little insulation and seal her back up.  well im starting to plan out my power supply for those week long trips into the bush. I was able to get a couple of heavy eqiupment batteries and figure if i can use these i will, well i started looking for a place i can tap my batteries into and couldnt find andything but a single circiut breaker. question is do i mount a junction box beside the breaker or tap in somewhere else.

also if you can lead me in a direction on any info for my T.C    Vanguard  model#P110F

i found a date on the fresh water tank MAY 1969  l.o.l.

thanks in advance for any reply or suggestion..

I believe they were made in BC, you might want to ask the question on NATCOA's forum, there are a few manufacturers there who may know.

If you have big batteries I would put them in a box vented to the outside.  Fuse them inside the box.  200 amps should be plenty unless you have a big inverter.  Then wire them up to the same breaker and ground point as the existing battery using wiring of a similar size to the existing battery cables, usually #6 or #8.  Don't just ground them to any old spot or you'll have problems later.

The solar places and marine stores on the web are usually the best and cheapest source for electrical components for battery wiring.

Fuse and holder - http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/117/p/1/pt/8/product.asp

Back
Top Bottom