Wildcat 5Th Wheels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OKdrifter

The wife and I looked at one today. We were in pressed with it but were new to this.
Does anyone have one? Any pro's or con's?
Thanks

Wildcat is a great product , if they produced a floorplan like we wanted we would have probably bought.
http://www.rvworldmi.com/cf/shopmast/productdetailp.cfm?productid=246

Well, I don't own one but since you've only gotten one response in a week I'll give you my two cents.  Keep in mind that my opinion is based on a 30 second walkthrough of a couple of their units at the Minneapolis RV Show last weekend, so take it with a boulder of salt.

That said, out of the dozens of fifth wheels that I walked through at the show, the Wildcats were the ones that stood out the most to me.  Mostly that was because they had the most interesting layouts.  I'm not one with an eye for fit and finish unless it's either really good or really bad.  The Wildcat wasn't either to me, but that's not a bad thing unless you're looking for a high end unit which likely puts you in a whole different price range.  Of course, that puts it in the same category as probably 90% of the units at the show, and I'm sure there's some variation in quality amongst that 90% that just escapes me.

I also can't comment on whether those layouts are actually practical or not, nor do I have any way of knowing how they hold up over time.  Unfortunately I'm sure those are the things that would be most interesting so hopefully an actual Wildcat owner will respond at some point. :)

Edit: I just looked at the pictures that broncobilly linked to and forgot that I also liked the faux stone on the interior.  I'm sure some would hate it, but it worked for me. 

8)  well here is my two cents,  the wildcat was one of my top choices as was jayco my wife liked jayco and chaparral,  we ended up with a jayco eagle mostly because we could not pass it due to the very low price,  i would find what works best for you and enjoy,  good luck and see you on the road

Thanks for the replies. Looks like it's between Wildcat or Mountaineer.
I'll post when it's a done deal.  :-\

Heh...funny you should ask. We just parked our new one in our driveway today!  We got a 2010 28RKBS and just love everything about it so far.  Hopefully we'll be able to get her out on her maiden voyage soon.  But for now we're having fun in the driveway.  Man is it big compared to our travel trailer.  But it sure is nice.

Some of the things we really liked were the corian countertops, the "CTS" (central trash system), the "faux brick" trim inside, and the J couch across from the sleeper sofa.  It really appears to be a well built coach and we are looking forward to it.  I think you would be very happy with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom