Winnebago Dimension converter puzzle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wagonmaster2

Today I noticed my Dimensions converter panel on the wall was showing " Chgr-Off,  Hi-Volt, Reset or Service".  Powerline Energy Management System showed house batteries at 12.4V and chassis batteries at 12.7V.  The coach is plugged into 120V  20 amp house outlet off the patio.
What is it trying to tell me, have never seen this message before?    Usually its just Chgr Mode or Float Mode depending on the condition of the house batteries.

Do I need to be looking for a Reset button someplace or what?  Appreciate any help or suggestions as I've never had any converter problems before.

Allen

There is a reset on the inverter.  It is a black pop up type button.  But I would be concerned of why the high voltage message.  The inverter has a circuit to protect itself in case of a voltage spike.  Was your inverter turned on before the error message, or had it been off? 

Wagonmaster2 .... I think what it is trying to tell you is that the voltage on your house batteries was to high.

The engine alternator could cause this if it is charging to high (unlikely) or it might be caused by the inverter/converter it self.  Give the Dimensions people a call. They're pretty good to work with and they can probably guide you to the problem.

Thanks, I'll give Dimension a call.  Had just about given up calling a manufacturer after trying Norcold and Kwikee Steps, who seem to not even know what "Customer Service" means anymore, or worse, even care less.
I it wasn't for all the experience received from the Forums most of us would be up-the -creek-without a paddle.  Especially when you're 900 miles from the coach manufacturer and 120 miles from any coach dealer, which all three are pretty much worthless when it comes to getting a diagnosis and a fix.

Allen

Checked the reset button this morning and it was still in.  Plugged the 120V cord back in, went inside the coach and the converter panel shows its now charging just like it should be and always had in the past.  Hadn't run the engine in a couple of weeks so the batteries shouldn't have been over-charged all at once now, and I usually look at the panel every few days keeping the charger set on the lowest setting.  Hopefully the converter itself isn't doing something it shouldn't be and tried to correct itself.
Guess I'll wait to see if it happens again before calling Dimensions.  I think it would be kind of hard to explain to them what happened over the phone when I'm not sure myself all the circumstances.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll hopefully be ready the next time.

Allen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom