Oxygenics Body Spa shower head still best bang for the buck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ttyR2

Looking at replacing the shower head in the FW trailer I have as the old one has a lot of hard water deposits and general wear & tear. From what I've read on the board here, most folks like the Oxygenics Body Spa shower heads. I'm not expecting something that kicks out the volume you'd get at home, but definitely something that'll get the job done.

Does the Body Spa have a smaller stream, or does it fan out a fair bit?

I noticed the Body Spa kicks out 2.5gpm, whereas the Skin Care head can run on 1.5gpm. Would the Skin Care head be a better bet? I don't know what size SureFlo pump is in my trailer.

The folks on another RV site seem to be in love with the Oxygenics show head but I haven't seen much comment here.

RV water systems are typically rated in the 4-5 gpm range, but in practice you are lucky to see 2 gpm, even on city water hook-ups.

Yeah. With the multitude of 90deg fittings in the water system, the amount of restriction is huge. I bet things would work great with smooth curves with PEX tubing.

We were recently at an RV Park in the Florida keys which had terrible water pressure, faucet would only run at a trickle. Tried the shower which I had retrofit with the Oxygenics Head shortly after I got my present MH and lo and behold, I had enough water to shower. Wouldn't be without my Oxygenics Shower Head !!! It is adjustable for stream strength and pattern.  :)

We love our Oxygenics. It is a big improvement over what came in our coach.

In my opinion Oxygenetics is fantastic.  I don't really understand how it works.  I suspect the physics are beyond me, but I do know that I look forward to my hot shower every night.

From the diagram I saw, it's really just an aeriating nozzle, not unlike what's on your faucets at home, but the venturi chamber inside keeps the volume up and causes the water jet to diverge some.

I love mine it works well on low pressure and makes the hot water last for a reasonable period.

Only thing is it doesn't fully shut off if you are on tanks that would be a good feature to add.

I replaced my standard shower head in our MH with the Oxgenics, made a big difference, can actually get the shampoo out of my hair now LOL.  It's great.

I bought an Oxygenetics shower head, because they claim to spray less water than stock shower heads. We boondock a lot, and water is a valuable commodity in the middle of the desert. Unfortunately, the model I bought didn't have a water shutoff button, so when taking a "Navy shower" I'd have to turn the water spigot off every time I wanted to stop the water flow. Hence, I'm still using the OEM shower head. It has a shutoff button. If you want one with a shutoff button (which is a handy feature) make sure you buy the right model.

Kev

My Oxygenics came with a shut-off, but I installed this https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=KES+K1140B+BRASS+Shower+Head+Shut-Off+Valve+G+1%2F2%2C+Polished+Chrome instead.  Much better operation.

Kevin Means said:
Looks like one of those would work great.

Kev

I have one of these which is basically the same thing. Shuts off the water completely. I have one at my S&B.

https://www.amazon.com/K1140B3-Shower-Shut-Off-Handle-Polished/dp/B00VCL5DRG

I realize it's an ancient thread, but I just bought one of these and I couldn't believe what a difference it makes.  I think the trailer shower has more pressure (though much less volume, of course) than my house shower now.  The spray from when it hits me is throwing water over my shower curtain and all over the bathroom, which is a nice problem to have.  I don't think my old shower head could throw water out of the shower if you completely opened the curtain and pointed it straight out. :)

Back
Top Bottom