Banking on the Road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We use Wells Fargo. We still get a lot of checks for the jobs we do. If we're not near a Wells Fargo, or don't feel like driving to the bank, we stick the checks in an envelope with a deposit slip and mail them in. Very easy if a bit longer time-frame for the checks to clearn.

Wendy
Casa Grande, AZ

I wouldn't say we're on the road at all but we do a lot of internet-type banking.  We have a savings account at Compass and a handful of debit cards.  One of them is for our PayPal account.  My wife works on the computer from home and this is something we would do on the road.  We might change to a more national bank for the savings account if we get an RV and go full time, but that is probably 15 years away.  Having access to the money is key, but remembering which debit card a particular client deposits payments to is also a problem.  I'm hoping we get down to two or three cards at most before we do anything drastic.

In nearly a year, we haven't had problems using a regional bank instead of a national one. Mail deposits, use cash-back for cash, etc.

We have used Wachovia now for two years as we travel. There is almost always a branch nearby and they have been good to work with.

And Wachovia is now part of Wells Fargo, so you get the advantage of a much larger network of banks.  We use WF and the only thing we can't do yet at Wachovia is make an ATM deposit.

PastorTravis said:
We have used Wachovia now for two years as we travel. There is almost always a branch nearby and they have been good to work with.

Not sure if the merger has been completed nationwide, but in AZ, Wells Fargo and Wachovia are interchangeable.

The crazy thing I have noticed in the past year about Wachovia is their great customer service. I have heard horror stories about the "big institutions" but Wachovia has met and maybe exceeded the level of a local credit union on friendliness and helpfulness for us.

There are pages on the Wells Fargo web site that shows the services available at both WF and Wachovia branches and ATMs.  Not all services are available but most are at either brand.  As I said, the only thing we can't do at a Wachovia ATM is make a WF deposit.  Out west in some states, they are fully integrated.

Back
Top Bottom