Allure floor covering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thewildthang

Per several reccomendations that I've seen here on the forum, my wife picked out and purchased the Allure floor covering for our remodel project.  The Allure is a "floating floor", of course the manufacturer is expecting you to install that in a stationary home.  I've looked thru the forums and didn't find any installation pointers so my question here is, when installing it in a MH, so I need to glue it down or do anything different than installing it in my home?  Do I need to put anything under it, such as something to help reduce noise? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Pete

I have never installed any Allure flooring, but did install a laminated "floating floor" in my coach, and Installed much the same as in my home.  The only exception was to bolt the Chairs and seat belt anchors through the floor.  I have had no problem with it shifting. I also used cushioning to provide moisture barrier and some sound deadening.
Tony

I installed Hickory Allure flooring in 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining room and hallway,,,,,,we love it,,,,,,,,,it will go in the MH this year...

Took my time, easier to install than tile for me.....The online instructions are more detailed than what comes in the box....I used and will use the 2 sided carpet tape around the perimeter of the flooring, along walls etc.  The online instructions recommended to 2 sided tape.......

It is a waterproof flooring and so far seems to hold up well,,,folks think it is wood flooring when they see it......

thewildthang said:
Per several reccomendations that I've seen here on the forum, my wife picked out and purchased the Allure floor covering for our remodel project.  The Allure is a "floating floor", of course the manufacturer is expecting you to install that in a stationary home.  I've looked thru the forums and didn't find any installation pointers so my question here is, when installing it in a MH, so I need to glue it down or do anything different than installing it in my home?  Do I need to put anything under it, such as something to help reduce noise? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Pete

did you get my pm?

Yes, Looking at pictures now.  She has picked out a tile pattern for ours, I only hope that I can make the instalation quality half as good as yours.  Looks fantastic.

The most important thing this time of year is keep the new material and the inside of the coach warm.  FYI

We're thinking of replacing our carpet in our MH also with either Konecto or TrafficMaster Allure vinyl planks.  We'll be doing the living room, kitchen and bathroom with it.  I'm a little concerned about how it's going to work under the slideout because our slideout doesn't have rollers, but the vinyl should be much thinner than the current carpet so we're hoping the slideout doesn't scratch it.  Some of the subfloor under the inner most front edge of the slideout seems to be damaged from dry rot, resulting in that edge of the slideout dropping slightly lower than the other side and preventing the slideout from extending fully at the top front. We'll have to replace some of that subfloor after removing the carpet to get that side of the slideout up to its normal height. 

I've noticed in our MH that they installed the carpet before all the cabinets so it looks like the carpet will have to be cut at the outside edge of the cabinets, making it very difficult to get the new vinyl flooring under them.  We've got a few other issues with this project but we're still in the planning stage. 

rsalhus said:
We're thinking of replacing our carpet in our MH also with either Konecto or TrafficMaster Allure vinyl planks.  We'll be doing the living room, kitchen and bathroom with it.  I'm a little concerned about how it's going to work under the slideout because our slideout doesn't have rollers, but the vinyl should be much thinner than the current carpet so we're hoping the slideout doesn't scratch it.  Some of the subfloor under the inner most front edge of the slideout seems to be damaged from dry rot, resulting in that edge of the slideout dropping slightly lower than the other side and preventing the slideout from extending fully at the top front. We'll have to replace some of that subfloor after removing the carpet to get that side of the slideout up to its normal height. 

I've noticed in our MH that they installed the carpet before all the cabinets so it looks like the carpet will have to be cut at the outside edge of the cabinets, making it very difficult to get the new vinyl flooring under them.  We've got a few other issues with this project but we're still in the planning stage.

i just sent you a pm about my allure installation.
one thing i didn't mention is to store the new flooring at room temperature for a day or 2 before installation. ;D

i just sent you a pm about my allure installation.

Dan, I got it and I PM'ed you back.  Thanks for the info.

We still haven't decided which brand or style of flooring to install.  But the TrafficMaster Allure type of flooring seems like a no-brainer if one wants something thin and is installing this in places which includes a bathroom and kitchen and is worried about water spills and ease of installation (which we are).  We're still wondering whether or not we should use a thin pad under the Allure type vinyl flooring.  That would seem to make the floor softer and warmer.

We got started ripping out the carpet today and ran into trouble pulling the carpet out from under the slide.  I rigged up a small hydraulic jack to try and lift the slide up a little from the outside to see if that helps.  I'll work on that some more tomorrow.

Sideroads...Where did you find online instructions for the Allure flooring??

I put allure flooring in my trailer this weekend its very easy to install, the trick is to use the paper it comes with to cover the adhesive strip for trial and error on those intricate cutouts ( trailers are full of these) I installed it in my previous trailer it withstood two seasons +40 and -40 without distorting or any problems. I used  a light oak plank, the old trailer looks brand new!  Another hint is Home depot has one color on sale every week keep watching until your favorite goes on sale

highly recomended !

We put it throughout our 40' MH are really do love it... since we full time with three dogs!

Our biggest challenge was the slides.  We have the type that ride on "skids" instead of rollers and they wanted to push the "floating floor" out of the way... making the floor buckle in the middle.  So, we ended up using carpet tacks to tack down the Allure on the edge where the slides have to ride over it.  This is covered by the carpet on the slides but it eliminates the "floating" component of the floor.  So far, no adverse effect except when the slides are retracted you can hear the slide wanting to bind on the allure and then popping loose to retract.  I'll be at the Winnie factory next month and am going to see if they can adjust the slides to accomodate the new flooring.

Back
Top Bottom