need help on where to purchase plastic tubing for cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happy393

Ok, here is my problem for the day.  We have a seasonal site in Delaware w/ a screen room that is attached to the RV itself. The awning that came w/ the rv is not used as the roof to this room, there is a canvas fitted roof  attached to the rv though a channel on the rv . HERE is my dilema, we are having to replace the canvas because we are enlarging the room w/ 90" more of panels for this summer. We have someone making this for us ..................however, we don't have the tubing that fits in to the channel for the extension. The man that is making this new cover for us is using the tubing from the old canvas for part of it but we don't know where to purchase the additional tubing that we need. Does anyone know where to purchase the tubing?  The tubing is a hard plastic/rubber?

If it's what I think you're describing, it's called 'welt', or sometimes 'piping', and is carried by canvas and fabric stores. It's available in different diameters, and is usually sewn into the edge(s) of canvas. On upholstery, it's used to define or decorate the edge of a seat cushion. On awnings and boat canvas, it's used to slide into a track to attach them to an RV or boat.

The welt we see/use is usually solid rather than a 'tube'. This may or may not be what you're looking for.

We purchased replacement fabric for our toppers from these folks and they sent new welts so I am pretty sure they can fix you up.

For awnings, I believe the tubing is commonly called polycord.  When I ordered new fabric for my awning, I had to specify the size of the polycord.  It can come in 1/4", 3/16", or 5/32" diameter.  If you buy new polycord, make sure it's the same diameter as was used previously in your awning rail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom