Sailun truck tires from China...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe3of3

We needed to replace five tires on our 35' Winnebago Adventurer Class A motor home.  After research, and much hesitation, we chose Sailun brand tires, from China.  Installed the price was about $1,000.00, well below the "big name" RV tire prices. 

We left the Miami area two days later, drove to L.A. and San Francisco, then returned home to south Florida. 

The tires handled as well as the replaced Goodyear tires, were problem free, and seemed to be quieter then either the Michelin or Goodyear tires.

Just over 6,000 miles is not much to make a firm judgement, but so far, we are very happy with that brand.  The trip was done mid-winter, but I would not expect higher road temperatures of summer driving would have made any difference in the handling, or noise.

Thanks for that information.  I am in the process of deciding on what to do for tires on my 95' Fleetwood Flair.  I have 6 tires (8R 19.5) that need replacing.  I was looking at Double Coin RT500 tires ($150/ea).  Supposedly they are distributed by Cooper and made by Yokahama.  Also considering Samson GL83 ($135/ea).  Most of these tires are used on fleet vehicles (UPS, FedEx, etc) and OTR trucks.    I have searched the forums and see a great deal on Michelin and Goodyear tires, but not so much on these other brands, or even bridgestone.  What is everyone's thoughts on these?

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&Cookie=froogle&details=Ordern&typ=R-177938&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1

There have been so many problems with Chinese tires that I would be real leery of using them. However, Michelin and and other major companies have factories in China too, and presumably have their usual standards of quality.  There will be a manufacturer code embossed in the sidewall of the tire - ask to see one and check that to see who really operates the factory. View the code list here:
http://www.harriger.com/tires.htm

Personally, I would choose Bridgestone, Goodrich, Continental, Toyo or Yokahoma if they made a tire in my size. Substantially less expensive than Goodyear or Michelin but still a quality tire. Some of the Korean brands appear to be pretty good too, e.g. Hankook. Don't know much about them, though.

Be sure to check Hankook tires as well.  They are receiving good reviews and are NOT made in China.

donn said:
Be sure to check Hankook tires as well.  They are receiving good reviews and are NOT made in China.

I installed 8 Hankooks on our 96 Southwind. 9000 miles and no problems so far. I'd buy them again.

We have 2 of those tires on the front and Michelin XRV on the duallies.  Now, In hind sight I wish I had of gone brand name on the front too.
However they were half price.  If they do the trick for you and you are happy with them, go for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom