1983 minnie winnie remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabbriellew

I am the newest owner of a 83 minnie winnie. I am tearing out carpet and using dynamat on the floor and doghouse for heat resistance. I will cover that with new carpet and allure flooring. My question is the ceiling and walls. They are currently that thin luan strip panelling. I want to take out the ceiling and use some dynafoam for insulation. If I make a headliner, what is the best way to attach it without damaging any wiring and still allow access if needed down the road. What material would be best for this? I also looked at wall board at Lowes and do not want more paneling. It makes it feel like a cave. Has anyone else dealt with this and what do you recommend? Thank you for your help.
Ruth

Hi Ruth,
I don't have a lot of suggestions for you, but wanted to welcome you to RV Forum.

One technique for Removable headliners is to hold it in place with battens, thin strips of wood or metal spaced every 3-4 feet.  My coach has strips of cherry wood screwed to the roof supports.

Light colors reduce the cave effect in a small RV.

Thank you. I have only had the rv three weeks and it has been too cold to do much. I am working on the nerve to start tearing it apart.
ruth

Welcome Ruth!

For some people, the re-model can be almost as much fun as RVing.  We have many members who have been down this road.  Generally, they post photos as they progress and keep us apprised of their progress.  This entertains us lazy re-modelers, and generally yields a plethora of critiques and suggestions.  Without a doubt, this is the come to place for questions and advice.  In all likelihood what ever it is someone here as already done it.

We are a friendly bunch and enjoy dispensing advice and providing suggestions.  We have a library with a load of good information too.  Now if that isn't enough; RV Forum is a fun place to just hang out.  We have some interesting discussions which are most often RV related, but not always.  Join in any that interest you and feel comfortable starting your own if you like.

Welcome aboard! 

gabbriellew said:
I am the newest owner of a 83 minnie winnie. I am tearing out carpet and using dynamat on the floor and doghouse for heat resistance. I will cover that with new carpet and allure flooring. My question is the ceiling and walls. They are currently that thin luan strip panelling. I want to take out the ceiling and use some dynafoam for insulation. If I make a headliner, what is the best way to attach it without damaging any wiring and still allow access if needed down the road. What material would be best for this? I also looked at wall board at Lowes and do not want more paneling. It makes it feel like a cave. Has anyone else dealt with this and what do you recommend? Thank you for your help.
Ruth

check out my post on the irv2 forum for pics of my allure flooring upgrade. i especially like the slides, stairwell and doghouse treatments. :) my log in is DAN L.
i have tried twice to post this write-up with pics unsuccessfully on this forum. :'( so for now i am just posting the link. :)

[quote author=DAN L]...i have tried twice to post this write-up with pics unsuccessfully on this forum.[/quote]

What seems to be the problem? Are your images maybe too big? (We have a limit of 250K per attachment, with a maximum of 12 attachments per messages, stated on the attachment screen).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom