Leaking RF Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCVJeff

I have seen this posted in the past but can't remember where...  The Right Front bay door is leaking. It appears that the water is coming from the top center of the door, I assume over the bubble stripping that looks to be in perfect condition. Is the fix for this simply to replace the weatherstripping, or has someone discovered a better mouse (water) trap?

I've had both of my front bay doors (left and right side) leak at some point.  The cure for me was rubberized undercoating.  I cleaned off the wheelwell and the area around the bubble stripping, masked off the area I didn't want to spray, and then applied the undercoating like spray paint. 

Some of the bubble stripping glue doesn't fully seat or had pulled away.  This process seals those spots.

Hummm... Hadn't thought of it sneaking in that way. I guess I could also use black gorilla snot to seal around the edges..

Boy, am I confused. I thought you had your 1 KW HF transceiver mounted in a bay and it wasn't shielded and/or grounded. This was then causing problems with your TVs.

AD7IE

Back
Top Bottom