EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Electric Bikes?  (Read 13103 times)

BinaryBob

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Electric Bikes?
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 08:43:01 AM »
It was the trip of a lifetime!
My son and I did this trip. Not sure of the average miles. Some days we did 100+ and some days we stayed a bit.
Actually the biggest challenge was those DARN southerners.  LOL They are the friendliest people on the face of the planet. We'd try to kick off early and get some miles in but they like to talk all day. They'd ask what we're doing, and after getting over the initial - You're CRAZY! we had the most interesting conversations about everything.
The only help we had, was a stretch from Sanderson TX to Langtry. While sitting in a breakfast diner, a county judge overheard us and insisted he cart us and our gear across this 60 miles of desert. It was 108 degrees and climbing. He said we would "most certainly die" if we attempted to ride this as there is absolutely nothing along 90 all the way to Del Rio and there was no way we could carry enough water.
We dodged a lot of bullets thanks to the locals....
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 37B

"Every hobby perpetuates its arcane mysteries. How else would we impress the newbies with our superior knowledge?"
--Gary RV Roamer--

vmax1

• ---
  • can`t wait to head south again!
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2014, 10:15:15 AM »
oops forgot picture of bike for sale

DearMissMermaid

• ---
  • Read my mis-adventures at DearMissMermaid.Com
    • DearMissMermaid.Com
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 01:57:43 PM »
The OP asked for pros and cons, so I'll add my two cents which may be unpopular....
As an avid bicyclist, IMHO motors belong on scooters and mopeds. E- bikes are incredibly heavy and inefficient. From my observation, not a lot of pedaling goes on with these bikes. My recommendation is get the small CC moped for that kind of ride, and pedal a bicycle.
There... I said it. Fire extinguisher at the ready.... :)

I have an electric bicycle and yes it's a tad heavier, but YES, I pedal a lot! I just push my electric button when I need help going uphill or upwind or trying to get through traffic as fast as possible. For me it means I get out and about on my bicycle a lot more. I am not a racer, I am not in good shape, but by golly, I am getting a lot more exercise with my Electric bicycle because I am happy to pedal, knowing I can ave electric assist if I am tired, if the hill is rough or if the head winds kick in.

I don't tow a car, I don't have money to have a noisy scooter too. I either drive the RV or ride the bicycle, my two choices. Now that I have the electric kit (see my earlier post for links and info) I am THRILLED.

If you are super athletic, then of course you can pick apart an electric bicycle, but for those of us struggling, it's a fabulous invention that has enhanced my life.  ;D
http://DearMissMermaid.Com

Living, working. playing  in a Class C, 1994 Tioga Montara, 28'

Pack half the stuff and twice the cash.
http://dearmissmermaid.blogspot.com/

Hosted by Over The Network