2011 Toyota Sienna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cntrtwnltd.

Hi,

I was reading the manual of the 2011 Toyota Sienna (new redesign) and of course its says it cannot be towed. I know that since it just came out, no company has had a chance to investigate it, but I'm not entirely convinced since the old Sienna was and the rival Honda Odyssey "suggests" it can't be towed just for liability reasons. It seems that Honda/Acura does this with pretty much all of their cars to abdicate their warranty responsibilit should towing cause a problem. Is this the direction Toyota is moving, or do you think it actually can't. I'm talking about the front wheel drive, not AWD.

Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Toyota does not now, nor never has, approved of towing any of their automatics. Whether that policy is driven by liability or engineering, nobody knows.

Some people are towing Lexus and Toyota 4WD vehicles at their own risk.

I believe the Sienna is a front wheel drive and few, if any, front drive automatics are towable without modification. They all lack a wheel-driven lubricating pump to keep the tranny fluids circulating while towing.  Remco Towing says its Model LP7 Lube Pump can be installed on the 2010 Sienna to make it towable. You might call and ask if they have researched the 2011 model yet.

www.remcotowing.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom