Any experience with Rt 95 between I40 and I 10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigwheel

We are planning our trip to Texas and wonder if any of you have taken rt 95 from I40 near Needles south to I10 near Phoenix.  It looks like that or do a big loop to stay on I40 and then take I93 south.  Is there anything along the way? 

If your going to south Texas then you definitely don't want to take the loop via interstate 40 to the 93 past Kingman .  If you take 95 to the 10 , you will either go through Blythe on the CA side or drive along Lake Havasu on the Nevada side .  Its only a 2 hour drive from I40 to Quartzite , AZ . (Interstate 10)  I believe Quartzite is where they hold the annual RV forum Jamboree .

There's several options:

1) If you're looking to just pass through, the shortest total mileage is to take US95 from Needles to Vidal Junction, then take CA 62 east to Parker.  Take AZ 72 east out of Parker to Vicksburg, then Vicksburg Rd. to I-10.  All of these are good, high speed two lane roads.

2) If you want to check out Quartzsite do the above until you're east of Parker and take AZ 95 south to I-10 at Quartzsite.  Most of the activity is over for the season, but there should still be a fair number of swap meet vendors set up on the north side of Main Street.  There's also many places to camp for the night.  If you're looking for a free spot you can park in the Hi Jolly 14 day free area on the east side of US95 about 3 miles north of town.  It's just before you get to the large cell tower - look for the left turn lane going into the camping area.  Or there are numerous (over 30) RV parks in town.

3) Or continue on I-40 to AZ 95, then go south through Lake Havasu City if you want to check out the London Bridge.  AZ95 is 4 lanes with limited stoplights through LHC.

If you have a gas rig, be advised that gas is significantly cheaper in Arizona than CA - 30-50 cents cheaper when I was there last week.

Thanks.  Looks like we'll take 95 south rather than the big loop... if I can figure out how to get the heater and water heater going.

rt 95 from I40 near Needles south to I10 near Phoenix.

We go that way every year on our way to Quartzsite.  Decent two-lane road.  The other suggestions will work too.  This year we returned via the Arizona side along Lake Havasu.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom