The Lodge in Forest City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travelingsages

Here is a story about The Lodge in Forest City for those who have been there and might be interested.

http://www.brittnewstribune.com/articles/2010/03/02/latest_forest_city_news/latestnews03.txt

Doug

Interesting article.  We were disappointed when The Lodge changed hands - prices went up and it wasn't open for breakfast except during GNR. 

Operating a successful (i.e., profitable) restaurant is extremely difficult (as I have read) - that's probably one reason why most hotels and motels don't have them any longer.  Also heard it is almost impossible to get a bank loan for a restaurant start-up if you are a small player considering the fact that most fail within five years or sooner of inception.

Hey John, remember this shot from the good ol' days..... the 2008 GNR. 

That's John & Jane with Bill & Marie with Jill the restaurant host.

Bill

Attachments

• P1010507.JPG
    P1010507.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 49
If Winnebago was smart, they hired her.
We were having problems with our coach and she gave us the names of the right people to talk to at Winnebago. Up to that time we had been getting the run-a-round with the Customer Relations guy.
She would be a great asset to Winnebago.
Indiana Journey

Been to Forest City several times and have often wondered about the Lodge. Is it RV accessable? If so, I would be a customer since I don't haul a toad when there.

banjo5491 said:
Is it RV accessable? If so, I would be a customer since I don't haul a toad when there.
No - not RV accessible unless you are a View or Navion or something that size.  You can stay at Pammel Park (FC's public campground and park) and walk or bike the mile or so to The Lodge.

Four of us went to dinner in the waning days of the GNR; after waiting over 45 minutes for our order, the food was brought to the table cold.  We told the server never mind, we didn't have time to wait another 45 minutes, she started crying and yelling at the manager.  When we told the owner what was wrong, he apologized and said, "gee, I didn't expect so many people here this week".  Guess he never looked out the window.  Maybe he needs to look for another line of work.

Hated to see the Lodge quit serving breakfasts.  We ate there about 4  years ago and their hot cakes were out of this world.  They had a flavor I couldn't recognize and when I asked the waitress about it she went back to the kitchen and came back a few minutes later stating the chef wouldn't give out that information.  Since we were from Oklahoma and wouldn't be in competition with him I thought maybe I could get the secret ingredient, but no way.  I wouldn't want to ask for the whole recipe, just the item that gave them that unique taste.
Then when we were back in Forest City again 2 years ago we thought this would give us another chance to figure out the particular taste then found out they no longer served breakfast.  What a disappointment.  Was so let down even forgot to ask if the same chef was still there and if he would give out the special ingredient now that they no longer served the hot cakes.
Maybe they can be back serving breakfast by our next visit there.

Allen

Back
Top Bottom