More Good News: Starcraft Reopens in Topeka!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Maxwell

Moderator Emeritus
More Good News: Starcraft Reopens in Topeka

Posted: 03 Mar 2010 08:20 AM PST
Starcraft RV, a division of Jayco Inc., today (March 3) announced that it will reopen its Topeka, Ind., manufacturing facilities beginning in May. The Starcraft RV plant had been closed in January 2009 as part of the Jayco corporate efforts to trim costs and reduce production capacity as a result of recessionary economic pressures, according to a news release. The company [...]

Read it all here: http://tinyurl.com/ybawar2

That complex holds lots of good memories for me. ;D  in '73 when the complex of four separate facilities producing a full line of RVs from pups to Class A's reduced production to one production line of pups,  I was the Inter-Company Purchasing Manger doing the purchasing, warehousing and shipping for the Starcraft plants in Independence KS, Listowell ON and Harrisburg PA.

The Starcraft plant in Independence KS closed in '73 and prior to that time produced only pull along units.

I probably purchased, warehouse and shipped  1.5 mil of materials and labor for them during that time. . . I was there. Your link has nothing to do with Starcraft RV.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom