window leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennaman

I have a 2003 winn. Adventurer, and I washed it for the first time and noticed some water got in the passenger side large front window.  I took the trim off and it looks like there is just silicone caulk (or something like that) that could be leaking.  First, what type of caulk should I use, and second, is this very typical?  Thanks Phil

Phil - Winnie uses (like probably most other manufacturers) a sticky tape (butyl I think?) between the window frame and the sidewall.  There are much better choices other than silicon for sealing leaks if you don't want to pop the window out and seal it properly.

I hope you aren't saying you bought your Adventurer in 2003 and just washed it for the first time  :D

John Canfield said:
I hope you aren't saying you bought your Adventurer in 2003 and just washed it for the first time  :D

Is that bad?  Just kidding, no we just bought it last month.

Just a thought, before you do anything else, take a Phillips screwdriver and tighten all the screws around the window frame on the inside.

I had an 03 Adventurer and periodically, I'd tighten the screws, not because I had leaks, but had some squeaks.  I usually got a 1/4 to 1/2 turn on each screw.

Thinking maybe the screws have loosened up like mine did and the window frame isn't tight enough against the butyl tape to get a good seal.

Best Regards!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom