1999mWinne UA Window Awnings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellis_Hou

I hope you'll don't get tired of responding to by questions, most of which probably just show that I have a lot to learn.  Instead of relaxing today I have been trying to get familar with the features of the MH.  I have had a couple of TTs so I am familar with awnings.  But- I now have awnings on each window.  The material is in good shape and they all open OK.  The one on the door has braces that clearly lock it in place when it is open.  I thought the other window awnings would trip something when fully opened similar to the main awing.  If that is the case then something isn't working correctly.  I can't get any of them to stay open.  I don't see any switch or lever at the ends of the roller.  I could see how one might not be working correctly, but 4???  I must be missing something very simple that should be obvious or they have all failed at the same time.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Window awnings are held open by the strap you use to pull them down.  There should be a clip below the window that you slip the loop in the end of the strap onto.

You just ask away!  We were all in your position at one point in time and thanks to the kindness of others, we learned from them.  You will get your chance to pass along knowledge at some point in time.

There are different brands, and different types, of awings. As already indicated, most window awnings are held open by hooking the strap (or straps) on a bracket(s) below the window.  My Carefree Colorado door awning is electric and has no arms at all ...others have arms that may lock in place, or may have one or two straps like the window awnings do.  Patio awnings tend to either have a lock that keeps them open, or are electric and powered by 12v electric.

Problem solved.  There are 2 brackets near the bottom of each window.  I am sure they are designed to hold the straps.  I don't think I would have ever figured that out on my own even though it looks obvious now.  Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom