What Travel Trailer brands are considered the highest quality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottman70

I am looking for a bunk house 28 to 32 feet long with the larger corner shower.  I am seeing 100's of different trailers and am just wondering which ones are the higher quality trailers?  Can't do an Airstream so what other high quality ones are there?

Ok, let me ask it this way......  What travel trailers should I stay away from??  I'm going to spend all day tomorrow looking.....

My advice is to look at them all. That way you can narrow the search down to the ones you like in floorplan, appearance, etc. But don't buy anything tomorrow !!

Wendy

Are you looking for best of breed or just a reliable RV? There are some great ones, but they are mostly in the top tier price wise. For example, Holiday Rambler builds an excellent travel trailer, especial their Presidential line.

Forest River, K-z, Jayco, Sunnybrook, are decent brands and Forest River has models in all price ranges. As the price goes up, you get better construction and materials inside and out, as well as amenities.

Went out for 5 hours today looking at Outback, Evergreen, Salem, Keystone, Holiday Rambler, Layton, Fourwinds, KZ Durango, North Trail...... I think I've decided to keep my Attitude Toy Hauler! Travel Trailers just are not built near as well nor do they seem near as nice as Toy Haulers! No generators on Travel Trailers? What the heck is the reason for that? Seemed cheap to me but all seemed to be priced in the $30K-38K range with no generator? Just not impressed with anything I saw today, kind of bummed! After all of this looking today I am ecstatic with my Hauler and it's a keeper! It seems it would not be an upgrade to go from a Toy Hauler to a travel trailer!

That's why you go looking - sometimes you find that the best choice is the one you already made :)

Wendy

Wendy said:
That's why you go looking - sometimes you find that the best choice is the one you already made :)

Wendy

You are correct!!  Once you have a toy hauler you just cannot go back!  Unless I go to a Class A Motorhome!  These RV manufacturers are so darn cheap with there products!  They cannot include 2 TV's and a generator for $35K?  My hauler came with 2 TV's, 2 DVD players, Sony Xplod 7 speaker sounds system, fuel station, electric tongue jack, 4.0 generator.  All that and I only paid $28K? 

We love the Sunnybrook TT, will buy used, any suggestions or where to look for good used TT on West Coast?  Thanks for your help!!  Mark and Ter

termar7 said:
We love the Sunnybrook TT, will buy used, any suggestions or where to look for good used TT on West Coast?  Thanks for your help!!  Mark and Ter

RVtrader.co or RVtraderonline.com or Craigslist but I think the best way to do it is to go to your local RV dealers and walk around their lot to see what you like best.  Pictures on the internet don't reveal a lot of things such as water damage and things that are a turnoff.  Plus it's a lot more fun to check out some of the features and compare units while they are side by side.

Thanks, Stewie!  Great advice!  We are so excited to go and look!  Will be going to a place in French Camp, CA, that has new and used Sunnybrooks on Thursday... just beginning our search, want some things like RL and lots of counter space in kitchen.  Terri

I know what you mean termar7, it was so much fun for my wife and I when we were shopping for ours, we set a budget and had a blast looking at all the different brands of RV's from dealer to dealer.  The tough part is once you are working with a dealer they don't want you to leave, if you find the one that fits you and it has the right price than you will have no regrets but don't settle, there are so many different makes and models out there.  Not to mention looking at them online just doesn't do justice, some of them look bigger in the pictures than they really are and you just don't get the feel for it until you're standing in it.  Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom