Help! need to replace front passenger window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lizbard

We purchased out Brave last March and it "passed" inspection with a passenger window that has white streaks and patches on it making it hard to see the side mirror. I have called a few shops that say they repair Winnebagos and they say go to an automotive window shop. I called several of them and they all said it is a special item I will have to go to the facotry to have replaced.

We are  retired in east Texas and the next time we will be up in that area is June 2011 to Atlantic City, NJ (go gulf coast states, up east coast to NJ, then on to Ohio to see in-laws and can go to Iowa from there). In the meantime, it is aggravating to view especially if I have no one riding along (sometimes we women just need to runaway from  home alon - or with a furkid). Any ideas short of driving to the factory for now?

Good morning and welcome to RV Forum.

Your local Winne dealer should be able to replace the window.  As an alternative, you could have a new window sent to you and replace it yourself. 

Hi Liz and welcome!

Unless you or your hubby are very handy at DIY stuff, I would let a service guy replace the window.  It is not necessary to drive to Forest City (the factory) to have this done.  I recommend you purchase the window from these people, have it sent to you and get a local RV service guy to replace it.

Chances you can find an RV service guy that makes service calls so you wouldn't be inconvenienced very much.  The major inconvenience is going to be in your wallet - the window most likely will set you back quite a bit (300-400$$??)

Check Your Winnie Parts list or call Lichtsinn and get the part number. Then call Atwood Mobile Products to buy the window..or any other manufacturer that makes your window. Mine cost less than a 100 dollars. Had a local glass shope install it and that too cost less than a 100.

If all else fails a local glass shope can drill the inside glass and when the drill goes thru it will shatter in a million pieces. You will only have the outside pane left but you can clean it and at least see out of it. I did this for about six months till I finally bought the new window...

I live near York PA.  We recently contacted our insurance to replace the drivers side windshield on a 1998 Winnebago Chieftain (progressive ins).  The claims person asked us the numbers on the windshield on the lower right corner(yours would be on the lower left corner), this number apparently is the order number.  I was directed to Auto Tech of York PA.  We are scheduled for this Tues the 16th of March to have the windshield replaced.

If you are coming this way up I 95 you would be about 30-35 miles from York PA, come up I 83.  There must be other places but since your headed this way it maybe worth the trip to York.  If you are using I 81 your are just as close to York.

Auto Tech, Call Deb717-843-4455, 700 n. Broad extended.  They are in a small Industrial area near rt 30 across from the Harley Davidson motorcycle plant.  It appeared they had room to dry camp, so ask if that is possible.
Their shop has room to pull your rig inside if the weather turns bad.

My windshield says:  Guardian safety float shaded lamination,  AS-1 GG-M55, Dot 22, and apparently the order number is 124328-02(02 is driver side, 01 is passenger side)

Hope you can get it fixed.

Russ - WB3FQI

If your vision is impeded your insurance company may cover the cost of replacement, less any deductible. They should also be able to refer you to an appropriate repair facility.

You mention "passenger window" and I take that you mean the side window, not the passenger side front window. right?

We had the passenger half of our front window replaced and that cost us over $1100. If for you it is the side window, well, be thankful for small mercies!

Elly

Liz, we are in NE Texas (Texarkana) and had both of our side windows replaced at WESCO RV & Bus service, 2515 S Lake Drive, Texarkana, TX, phone 903 792-2398 or 1-800-929-2398.  They ordered the windows and installed them, not cheap, but worth it for safety.  WESCO does all of our RV maintance and are a very friendly and reliable family owned business that has been here for years..

NDNMAC
2002 Winniebago Brave
2005 Saturn Vue

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom