Welsh rally badge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
From the archive - my parents RV'd (aka caravanned) around the UK for many years. Their caravan club, of which they were members, issued badges to rally attendees. I thought this one was particularly interesting.

The badge itself is the parchment scroll shape and the dragon on the left side is the dragon from the Welsh flag.

Where's Brecon?

Attachments

• swc_badge.jpg
    swc_badge.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 53
Ron said:
That is quite a treasure and should be included in your family history.

It is on both counts Ron, thanks. My parents really loved RVing and made many long-time friends through their caravan club. My Dad really hated to have to give up RVing eventually, due to poor health. I have a few photos of the rallies themselves, but not many. Also have very few photos of their various RVs.

You have some great mementos of your parents doing what they enjoyed.  I'm afraid we will all reach that time when we will have to surrender to the effects of age and have to give up the keys. 

Recently I traveled on a RV Expedition, Trek of the Americas, and visited a couple of days on a Welsh Farm, in the heart of the Welsh Community in Argentina.....the founding family was the Jones.  If you may want more information the Trek of the Americas has a book published by one of the ancestors.  There address is [email protected]  Hope this is useful for your history.  Mark

Thanks for the link Mark, interesting. OTOH my ancestors didn't leave the UK.

Hi...when I saw 'Welsh".....I though of the Welsh community in Argentina, founded by Ithan Jones, in the 1800's ....we visit his great grandson when we RV on the south american expedition with our motorhomes..they also have a great fruitcake they make that is irrisitable....will be going again!!!

Mark,

This is the original Wales, a long way from Argentina. Good to know there's a thriving Welsh community out there. In addition to the fruitcake, ask them if they have "Welshcakes" - very enjoyable.

Ron said:
You have some great mementos of your parents doing what they enjoyed.  I'm afraid we will all reach that time when we will have to surrender to the effects of age and have to give up the keys. 

Poor Sam! ;D ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom