financing & insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

123rickw

I have just ordered my first motorhome and would like any input on financing & insurance. Such as what banks are rv friendly and where to find a good rate. Also where to get insurance for my new motorhome.

thank you
Rick

No doubt you will get lots of different ideas. We have been very happy so far with insurance through Marlene at Miller Insurance Agency, for both motorhome and towed. They will look at different companies depending on your exact needs. http://www.millerrvinsurance.com/

Check with your regular insurance company and see if they have something to offer. You might also check with your regular bank. We got a good deal from the bank that held our mortgage, checking and savings accounts.

Wendy

Some banks treat motorhomes like expensive cars and only give 6 years and fairly high rates. Others may have loans for 10-15 years and mortgage-like rates. Ditto for credit unions.

We have always used Bank Of America for RV financing - they have a unit that specializes in it. Most dealers can make arrangements for you. BOA has decent rates and does a good job servicing the loan.

You can also Google RV Finance and see a variety of places that specialize in RV Finance, e.g. Essex Credit, Fun-loan.com, etc. I would get some quotes from a few of them as well. Armed with that data, you can usually negotiate rates and terms with some others.  And no problem dealing with the online credit brokers either - they handle all the paperwork and make things easy for you.

We insure with geico and have very inexpensive insurance.  It is based off of your expected useage.  We had financed through diversified finance, they were wonderful and rates low.  We paid off early and had zero problems with them.  We took a 15 year loan to keep the payments cheap untill wome other cash came in.

thank you all. I will look into some of those companies as well as my own insurance company and bank.

I just noticed that Costco has an arrangement with Essex Finance. Essex has been around many years, is very reputable and usually has excellent rates.

Back
Top Bottom