How do I determine if the Current Limiter or Power Head Motor is bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomnshell

I'm about to fix the broken power lift system on my 08 Niagara, but don't want to spenf the money on one part if it's actually  the other part that's broken.  How do I determine which one it is?

Ok, I'm going to pick up a meter today and try checking from the current controller to the motor and see if it's passing any current.  If it is, then I should be able to assume it's the motor, correct?  A friend told me I should take the leads BEFORE the current controller and touch them directly to the motor and see if I get anything - in order to test the motor.  Has anyone else ever bypassed the controller by installing a switch in its place?

I can tell you how to do it on an A&E Awning and I'm sure it's the same for any electric motor powered system with a current controlled shut off.

you bypass the controller and hook a battery direct to the motor leads.

(A&E packs a bypass cable with their product just for this job by the way)

Hooray!!!  I spliced the wires and connected the power (from the battery only) to the lift motor and... it's... ALIVE!!!  We got everything opened up and my boys are having 6 friends sleep over this weekend for their birthday celebration(s) (only 6days apart).  My neighbor had a tree down during the snow storms and let me take some of the wood, so we have some fuel for the fire pit as well.  It's gonna be a great weekend!!!  Thank God camping season is back!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom