Texas With the Stocks - 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok now I go through withdrawals .  I so look forward to your daily posts....But heck in a couple of days we will see you in  Utah so we  can catch up there.  Safe travels!!

Betty

I'm glad your trip to our great state was rewarding.  I'm really sorry you won't have time to visit the grand canyon of Texas in the panhandle. 

We have already made our Goose Island reservations for next year and will also go back to Quintana for some wonderful birding.  Judy and I would love to host you and Dean next year if you choose to come back for the spring migration.  We completed our three week trip with almost one hundred species and over a thousand pictures.  It will take Judy weeks to sort all the photos and she prints the ones she has never photographed before.  I (she)have maybe 15 albums in my closet of birds she's taken pictures of...her memories.

BTW...neither of us are professional photographers.  She has a 10 year old Nikon first generation digital camera with a good lens.  Me, cheap Olympus that has been dropped way to many times.

Make sure you refuel before leaving Texas...we want the money.  Safe travels and I too have enjoyed sharing y'alls travels, come back soon.

Wendy said:
Have a safe trip on your mad dash to Utah.

Wendy

Maybe the reason I like birds is that I am such a CHICKEN!  We will drive very safely and get good sleep each night, even if it means getting there a day late.  We look forward to seeing you.

Linda the Bird Enthusiast

Tom and Margi said:
Thanks for taking the time and effort, once again, to share your Texas adventure with us, Linda.  I always look forward to reading your trip logs.

Margi

Thanks for encouraging me to write the log.  It was so rewarding.  The first thing I did each day when we parked was to look at the replies.  It's always more fun when you have others to share with, and where we went and what we did was influenced a lot by the suggestions we received.  Finding elkhartjim was fantastic, and I am looking forward to becoming good friends with him and Judy.  Who knows?  I may get promoted to "birder" in another four or five trips. 

Linda

Betty Brewer said:
ok now I go through withdrawals .  I so look forward to your daily posts....But heck in a couple of days we will see you in  Utah so we  can catch up there.  Safe travels!!

Betty

Thanks to you guys I enjoyed the leftovers from my dinner at San Felipe tonight.  And...the info on the sunshades was helpful, too.  Looking forward to seeing you!

Linda

elkhartjim said:
I'm glad your trip to our great state was rewarding.  I'm really sorry you won't have time to visit the grand canyon of Texas in the panhandle. 

We have already made our Goose Island reservations for next year and will also go back to Quintana for some wonderful birding.  Judy and I would love to host you and Dean next year if you choose to come back for the spring migration.  We completed our three week trip with almost one hundred species and over a thousand pictures.  It will take Judy weeks to sort all the photos and she prints the ones she has never photographed before.  I (she)have maybe 15 albums in my closet of birds she's taken pictures of...her memories.

BTW...neither of us are professional photographers.  She has a 10 year old Nikon first generation digital camera with a good lens.  Me, cheap Olympus that has been dropped way to many times.

Make sure you refuel before leaving Texas...we want the money.  Safe travels and I too have enjoyed sharing y'alls travels, come back soon.

I'm sorry we won't get to see the grand canyon of Texas, also.  The RV is Dean's baby, and he gets as much pleasure out of improving it as I do out of seeing the little blue heron and her egg.  He was great throughout the trip, and I smiled to myself today when we sent a promised photo of spoonbills to someone we met at SPI.  I had scribbled the photo number, and Dean pulled up the wrong photo, and proclaimed in his most expert voice, "That is NOT a roseate spoonbill!"

Let me know your dates for Goose Island and Quintana via e-mail, and we'll reserve for the same dates.  I say "YES, YES, YES!"  I'll let Dean plan our fall trip in exchange.

We'll be happy to refuel here.  Texas has great state parks, excellent roads (usually), and nice rest stops.  They really welcome visitors.  Thanks for all your suggestions.  They made our trip so much more fun.

Linda

Back
Top Bottom