towing 2009 honda crv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alanken

what requirements have to be met to tow honda crv front wheels up on tow bar? Thanks in advance

I'm afraid that i do not understand "on top of tow bar".  I tow a 08 crv with a roadmaster setup that works.  Installed it myself as the instructions are great.
Bill Dane  99 Allure.

Thanks for the correction, thats what I meant., a dolly. Does the drive train have to be disconnected, or any other modifications made?

Alanken,

I've merged your two topics about towing a Honda. 

You only  need to click the reply button at the top of the page to add a comment to a thread/discussion you've already started or want to participate in.

Marsha~

We tow a 2009 CR-V four down, using Blue Ox equipment -- coach-mounted tow bar, etc. It is a lot easier than using a dolly, from what I hear. You might want to search for other threads on this issue. Honda's vehicle manual provides a simple transmission shifting procedure that is all you have to do, to tow four down. No reason to use a dolly unless you want to.

Nothing to disconnect if you dolly tow. Nothing to disconnect if you flat tow (4 down) either.  There is, however, a procedure to be observed for towing, involving shifting from drive to neutral and avoiding park. Another Honda owner can explain details or check the owner manual.

Alanken,

I would ask what makes you think you need a tow dolly?  Most of us prefer towing four-down if allowed in the manufacturer specifications.  It's generally much easier and you don't have the problem of finding a place to put the dolly once you reach your destination.

ArdraF

We tow a 2008 CRV all 4 down and the procedure is quite simple: run the car for 5 minutes before towing for eight hours, shift from Park to Drive and then back to neutral, and leave key in the position that turns the car off  to avoid locking the steering column and go.

If you are going to use a tow dolly I would check the owners manual and with Honda because I seem to remember reading somewhere that the car was not to towed on a hook with two wheels turning and two stopped. We have a four wheel (all) drive and it may not apply to the two wheel drive models.

Back
Top Bottom