Day Night Blinds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not sure on that. I would suppose someone out there could do it. I am not sure where you would check. specialty blind company. Maybe someone else can help you further.

I've seen places advertising to restring your day-night blinds in RV areas, at Quartzsite, etc., but have no clue how to do it yourself. But then, if someone can do it for you, I guess you could figure out how to do it yourself.

Wendy

davencjkan said:
Can Day Night Blinds be restrung?  :-[

Dave and Carol

When we were in Quartzsite, Bob Lehner (254-205-1213) was doing restringing. He charged us $40 including all parts and did a great job. Even came  back twice to repair problems with the brackets and didn't charge for comeback. He winters in QA but fulltimes and travels all over after leaving QZ.

Restringing Day Night Blinds is not difficult .................................. a cave man can do it.  Take a look here http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/service/pdfs/2006-09%20Restringing%20Day%20Night%20Blinds.pdf

I have re-strung Day/nights and it is no fun (but frankly I don't remember details). Did one on my first coach along with several repairs. On Windsor one shade failed after two years. I redid that one, but no more fail in the 9+ years I owned the coach.

ken

We have a re-string diagram in our library.

I've done it twice for our coach, once for a neighbor and a couple of times at work. Not difficult once you understand the sequence. The hardest part is stringing the line and then slipping and having it pull out! :)

I was at Tiffin Motorhomes in Red Bay, Al. in January. They will restring day/night shades for $10.00. They took two down ... restrung and replaced for $38,00 each.

try this site:  www.dirtyblindman.com kits to repair RV day night blinds 

I have done some of mine as needed, didn't use the above site but it might be worth a look.  I found on the Winnebago day/night web info ther is some wrong info regarding lenght of string unless they have redone it.

Many times the manufacturer of the blinds will send a kit with instructions for free. I've never had to pay to restring my blinds.

Yes, Lazy Days has a kit and a dvd to restring the day/night shades.  Just bought the kid, but have not tried it yet.  Will get back when I get a chance to try it.

I realize that I'm a few days late on this thread, but have to say that restringing day/night shades is NOT a difficult procedure, just a bit time consuming. Anyone with even a slight amount of mechanical ability and common sense can do it in about an hour and a half for the first one and 30-40 minutes or less for any that follow. I just did one of mine yesterday that had been sitting since last summer. You do need a long table and a needle with a big eye along with a screw driver and a pair of pliers for disassembly. The material for this one was provided free by the manufacturer, but I also have a large spool of even better string purchased from an EBay seller for a very few dollars and used on a couple of others that had failed. Since I'm a tightwad, as well as a mechanic, I can't see the time then the expense of sending a blind to someone for such an easy job. The hardest part of the job - trying to get it off the wall then back on without my sometimes salty language shocking the neighbors??? ???

One of ours broke.  Friend restrung it while we were talking.  Good as new.  Then I broke another.  Haven't gotten fixed it yet.  I didn't pay attention to what he did.  But not difficult.

There is a husband and wife team by the name of Rich and Chris. They keep very busy but yet they do great work. They repaired 5 of our broken blinds including repairing a torn shade. There prices were very reasonable and they were friendly and pleasant to deal with. We were refered to them by an RV dealership in Quartzsite who said they were the best. There number is 714-887-3953

I have re-strung a few, Easy to do once you get the )(@#Q$ thing on a table where you can work on it.

Major pain in some cases getting it off the window though.

But turns out they are very easy to re-string.

I agree with John From Detroit. It almost killed me getting the shades down and replacing them back into the window. Only took 15 minutes to restring the shades.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom