'84 Pace Arrow tracking problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RV Eddie

I have a 34' 1984 Pace Arrow and it is tracking appx. 6" to the right in the rear. What would cause of this?

If you mean dog tracking its likely a broken rear spring or broken centering stud in the spring leaves. I assume the steering wheel is way off center too and you have a P-30 chevy.

Yes it is a P-30 chevy. Steering wheel is pulling to the right a little. I am sure it needs an alignment all the way around. I took it to an alignment shop and was told that the leaf spring on the right was out (bent) about a 1/4". Would this cause it to track? I am not sure what "dog tracking" means. I can tell you the right rear wheel looks like it is pushed back to where the rear of the tire is almost touching the mud flap and the other side is not like that. I just bought the coach and it is solid, but have recently discovered this. Thanks for the reply.

Dog tracking means when you are driving straight down the road the rear end is not aligned to the front or driving at an angle. The steering wheel center bar would be off center as you are slightly turning to compensate for the rear. When a spring breaks the axle is allowed to slide to the rear and out of alignment. Your diagnosis seeing the tire position is correct.
  I didn't know leaf springs bend in your situation, I thought they just break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom