Workhorse Brake Recall Resource Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontrangeRVer

HERE is the centralized area where Workhorse Owners can go for all the information about the forthcoming Brake Recall.  You can now enter your VIN to see if your chassis is included in the recall.

Thanks for posting that link Mark. I'm not big on lots of 'stickies' in the forum, but thought it appropriate to sticky your message.

Tom your readers might want to read my posting on "W22 Chassis - Complete Brake Failure - Recall 50901-C" tpmcn March 19 2010.

tpmcn said:
" http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/results.cfm" and look at all the failures reported as well as the attempts from Workhorse to slow the process.

Your link brought me to a blank page on that website and I could only find 1 safety complaint listed on a Bounder and the NHTSA notice under recalls, where on the website can I locate "all the failures reported as well as the attempts from Workhorse to slow the process"? Thanks for the info. Dar

tpmcn, while we see your other post in another thread, please let this current thread be a convenient thread for those who are looking for information about if their Workhorse Chassis is "on the list".  Thanks for your help.

It's good to see Workhorse Chassis put all the brake information in one place, so owners can check out the latest and greatest.  :)

tpmcn said:
Tom your readers might want to read my posting on "W22 Chassis - Complete Brake Failure - Recall 50901-C" tpmcn March 19 2010./ and then go to " http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/results.cfm" and look at all the failures reported as well as the attempts from Workhorse to slow the process.

tpmcn,

As Dar noted this link is not valid, I visited the website is not functioning.  I am removing the link, but leaving your reference to the other information.

Marsha~

tpmcn,

I just visited the web link again and it's working.  <shaking my head>  However since you started another thread I'll just leave this thread as intended.

Marsha~

Marsha,
    Thanks for the reply. I set up the other Post to reduce the traffic for Tom.
    Glad the link worked but I put in a control set to follow for those that wanted the information at the other Post.
TPMCN

Thanks Mike, is that news official from Workhorse?  When will this news be posted on the Official Workhorse Brake Recall Resource Center page?

Notice there is an updated letter from the VP at Workhorse stating they are commited...sorry...safety...etc. at the Resource Center.  No new information about what us owners are waiting for though.

There have been no official dates set yet.

"They" tell us what's new and that it will be posted, but there seems to be a "slight" delay in updates. I expect more news to be released after the WCMC rally, April 19 to 22. 

I hope this gets resolved soon.

I was just notified that Workhorse has added a 12th article to the download library on the Brake Recall Resource Center website.  It carries the date of 5/6/10, and is regarding replacing brake fluid.

Thanks for the heads up edgray!  :)

Latest update

Bosch had to contact all of the users of the calipers in question. Possible manufacture date is July. September may be the earliest they will be released.

Sorry there isn't more positive info available. I'm riding on a W20 with 47K on it.

We are back from Florida,  I have a couple of rallies to attend, hope I survive them -----

miket said:
Latest update

Bosch had to contact all of the users of the calipers in question. Possible manufacture date is July. September may be the earliest they will be released.

Mike, I hear that Bosch is now shipping the new calipers to Workhorse, and we are waiting (still) for Workhorse to release these to the dealers.

:eek:  Latest news as of Friday July 23.

June 4, Bosch started to produce the new calipers. They have a 10/1000 larger bore, and a new seal, along with a piston made of an improved Phenolic. The recall will start when there are sufficient parts in the WH Warehouse to supply the dealers.

Hopefully, later this year we will have the recall in progress.

I haven't be available due to to medical issues, I hope to be able to be on more often now.

I dropped my coach at the Workhorse dealer last week after the ABS light came on. The RR caliper froze up.  Workhorse is paying for the work but it will take four weeks to get the parts.  Do you think I will get one of the new calipers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom